Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the front grill on a 2001 Forester. Any body have any idea on how to make the fog ligft come on without the headlights on.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
Any body have any idea on how to make the fog ligft come on without the headlights on.[/QUOTE]

+ 1 on this.

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
It's been awhile since I took the grille out, but IIRC there are clips along the top you need to stick a screwdriver blade or similar into to release. Once you see how they work it's really easy. I think the bottom just sits in some tabs/holes.

If I'm wrong it's because I'm confusing it with my Impreza. :crazy:

For the fogs, you'd have to do some rewiring to bypass the signal from the headlight switch. I don't really know why you'd want to do this, as the fogs really should only be used with the low beams anyway. When I install fogs or driving lights on any of my cars I always wire them in with function of the low or high beams. Subaru just adds a manual switch to turn them off completely.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Premium
106 Posts
I don't really know why you'd want to do this, as the fogs really should only be used with the low beams anyway. When I install fogs or driving lights on any of my cars I always wire them in with function of the low or high beams. Subaru just adds a manual switch to turn them off completely.[/QUOTE]

In my case i like to use it during the day, as a dayligths just the fogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts