Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 forester s
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a rotted filler pipe.
In addition to replacing the pipe would like to know what the attached valve is part # 42084FA100, (rollover)?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Auto
13 Posts
A tip I used with good results so far: after installation of the fuel fill neck and prior to replacing the "cheesy" plastic cover, spray the new neck and surrounding area with a "waterproofing" spray. This application will assist in limiting the buildup of dirt and such behind the cover.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
A tip I used with good results so far: after installation of the fuel fill neck and prior to replacing the "cheesy" plastic cover, spray the new neck and surrounding area with a "waterproofing" spray. This application will assist in limiting the buildup of dirt and such behind the cover.
I just clean yearly since mine rotted two years ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had to have my fuel filler assembly replaced and the mechanic said the part they ordered didn't come with the rollover sensor, so they'd have to order one and put it on later.

I'm trying to understand better if it's worth another trip to the repair shop to have it put on. I'm having a hard time figuring out what it does or if it's unsafe to drive without it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts