Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I recently got an 01 Subaru Forester. Seems to be having quite a lot of issues. The back end of it is all rotted out I know I'm going to need a new crossmember for the rear end where in like Columbia County New York do you think I'd be able to find a relatively cheap setup and or do you know of any that are compatible with it?. But what's really making me nervous is the vibrating. If I go about 40 miles an hour while holding the gas it starts vibrating very drastically. If I let off the gas or go below 40 it magically stops. Could that also be from the subframe being rotted in the back? If so is there something I can do to temporarily so it doesn't shake that badly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was just wondering if anyone definitely knew what year and model is compatible with my 01 subaru forester for the crossmember assembly.. The subaru part number is 20151FA113 and the only thing that comes up is the foresters 98 through 02. I've heard the Impreza, STI and WRX but not sure which one or year.. Ive tried looking up a few different combinations of them and they all keep say not compatible.. Can someone help me out.. please??

·
Administrator
18,222 Posts
@Thefieryred1 Your posts have been merged as cross-posting is not allowed and just leads to confusion.

Yes, the vibration could be because of the rusted back end and from your description I would not be driving it at all until it's fixed. ;)

There are many things that can lead to vibration but until the major issue is sorted you won't be able to tell.

If the "channels" to which the rear end attach are rotten I would suggest the vehicle needs putting down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry didnt mean to but thank you for telling me.
I need to try and find a rear subframe crossmember assembly and to find one for this car seems impossible. Someone mentioned different years and models having the same part/ number but is there a way to make sure it will fit. Or do you know which ones deffinitely do fit by chance?

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
1,085 Posts
You can do a parts search on Subaru Parts Online from Subaru of America
locate the part for yours and then look at other years/models and compare numbers.

Usually, scrap yards also have the ability to look up cross listings.
Try on
If it shows listings from other models/years you know that they would be compatible.
(doesn't mean you need to buy from them, but you'll know what should fit)

·
Registered
MY99' Forester S (AT)
22 Posts
You forgot to describe where the shake is from. It could be anything that moves, ya know?

I posted in another topic but sometimes the CV Axles can cause a shake in the steering wheel. It feels like your front brake rotors are "warped", except the vibration can be intermittent. I picked up an 01' from someone and it did something similar to what you're experiencing, on the freeway over a certain speed, the steering wheel would shake pretty violently. Funny thing is that I lowered the car a few inches and most if not all the shaking went away. Hard to believe, but no joke. YMMV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts