Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I recently installed a Turn in Concepts linkage update in my 2001 Forester 5MT, since the install I have had a hissing noise coming from the transmission which is only audible in 4th gear. The noise starts as soon as 4th gear is engaged and does not change when the clutch is depressed/released. It is most noticable around 3k rpms and gets louder as the revs go higher. This sound was most definitely not present with the old sloppy linkage, any help and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, i see this post is not new, but last week happened the same issue with me(5mt 2001 forester non turbo). i have changed the linkage for a new one, and 4th 5th gear have hissing noise. i renewed the sloppy old linkage and put back, but even worse 3rd, 4th 5th gear have more hissing. i changed the role pins and put nut and bolt to screw the linkage to the tranny rod, and if i loose this to make a sloppy connenction, the noise is disappier. i cannot figure out what is that, can you give info what happened with you car in this year. Has it better or worse since you hear that sound? i think it is some kind of tranny sycro resonation/noise what the sloppy connention not forward to inside the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts