Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to mount the 2001+ spoiler onto a 2000 forester? I like the more aerodynamic look of the 2001+ spoiler then the 2000 spoiler and the tailgate looks te same to me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am pretty sure that it should fit fine, it is the same body style so it should have no problem fitting the hatch of your forester.

I put one on mine myself, pretty easy installation.

B

·
0 Posts
how it looks like do you have any pic of the spoiler or do you know a website were they show dirrerent type that can fit on forester I got a 98 witch is about same body as yours . i'm looking for one but havent find any that i like

I

·
0 Posts
bilway69 said:
how it looks like do you have any pic of the spoiler or do you know a website were they show dirrerent type that can fit on forester I got a 98 witch is about same body as yours . i'm looking for one but havent find any that i like

id also like to see this

·
Registered
2000 S
113 Posts
Hey, You say it is really easy to install the spoiler yourself.... I have yet to install mine, I am just afraid to drill the holes in my hatch...WHAT TOOL DID YOU USE TO MAKE THE HOLES?

·
Registered
434 Posts
A center punch, a drill, and the drill bits that they tell you to use in the directions. Also, use a drill stop so you don't drill through any wires.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
The DRILL STOP is very important. I didn't use one when I put the spoiler on my 2003. I did place a ring of tape as a visual guide on the drill BUT the bit slipped thru and nicked a harness.

Naturally, I cursed and taped the nick up. Everything works even 6 months after the fiasco so I guess I'm home free but the drill stop would have been nice...

Steve

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep, did the same thing, except I drilled right through a few wires. Some connectors and electrical tape later and it was good to go. I'm just glad nothing shorted out. So, take the advice of two people who have made the mistake... USE THE DRILL STOP!

·
Registered
2004 JDM STI 6 speed manual
17 Posts
rear tailgate spoiler fitting SF forester

Hi , I have just joined this forum after buying a year 2000 forester turbo s. My car already has a spoiler fitted. But it is very loose and I can pull the right side straight out.
Can anyone tell me how they are supposed to be attached?
It looks as though mine is just a screw thro a plastic rawl plug!!!

Many thanks.
Chris:icon_frown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts