Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Just wondering if there are any people on here who might be able to give me some suspension options for my 2000 Forester. I really need to replace everything all around - calling my local dealer ended up with a quote of about 2200 Canadian. For that money, I'd rather upgrade from OEM. Any suggestions? My budget is around 1700 Canadian but I can do all work myself.

I've looked at some of the coilovers posted in a thread with a bunch of combinations and the spring rates seem really high for street use ~300-400 lbs/in. I was hoping to stiffen up my ride a lil bit and wouldn't mind the adjustability of a a coilover setup, but that I think is a little too stiff - I was thinking it should be circa 250 or so.

Does anyone also know any dealers in the Toronto, Southern Ontario area, even upstate NY? I'd like to get them on ASAP since I have a broken coil that needs out soon!

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2000 forester
14 Posts
i got the D2 RS coilover for my 2000, and the ride is much stiffer but perfectly tollerable. when i got them they were only 900 US. the quality on them is amazing. aside from some initial noises (pings clicks and pops) there very quiet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts