Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester s 5 speed manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help i have a new 00 legacy struts wagon. And a wrx spring from 03 ,is there a way that i can use this set up for my 00 forester.I need some help, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forester spring

Need some help i have a new 00 legacy struts wagon. And a wrx spring from 03 ,is there a way that i can use this set up for my 00 forester.I need some help, thanks a lot.
Any suggestion. Or i need to buy a lowering spring.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
MY00 Outback has rear shocks, not struts - so while you may be able to use the fronts, the rear suspension is certainly incompatible with the Forester.

·
Registered
2000 Forester S AT
972 Posts
You might be able to use the struts, I don't know anyone who has tried, but I would not mix and match the springs.

Struts and springs work together for the proper movement of the suspension. Putting an undersprung spring (wrx) on a heavier strut (legacy) can cause undo wear/handling characteristics.

Since you already have the springs, just buy/find/trade someone for some WRX struts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be able to use the struts, I don't know anyone who has tried, but I would not mix and match the springs.

Struts and springs work together for the proper movement of the suspension. Putting an undersprung spring (wrx) on a heavier strut (legacy) can cause undo wear/handling characteristics.

Since you already have the springs, just buy/find/trade someone for some WRX struts.
Thanks a lot . I need to look for wrx struts..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts