Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2000 - Engine mount replace - Where is safe engine lift point?

('98-'00) 
6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  davidszasz91 
#1 ·
Hi, I wanna replace the front engine mounts on my 2000 Forester SF 2.0 (non-turbo) and looking for save engine lift points.
Many people suggest (many avoid) to lift the engine at the oil pan, but is it safe? I dont think so, i afraid to dent it.
Is there any lower side option? like the coolant drain plugs (left and right) or the exhaust connection area (after remove the exhaust pipes)?
Here's a good video to see the lower side of the engine without oil pan (at 3:38)

Thanks. David

Discussion starter · #4 ·
There is, but i have no engine hoist. I need home solution, lift with jack, cause car mechanic dont take the job (not know Subaru, too much work for little money. He said everything fine with the mounting, however engine bouncing back and force)

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I havent checked it, just the two front under the car. I was able to push up and move the engine block easily. At starting i feel the engine quake, or racing it from idle speed it has sideways movement (left side move up, right side down) Can the pitch stop balace the sideway moving ? (Cause its in the center line, and think that the 2 front hold against the torque)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.