Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't taken any in a while and I wanted to show off my new front painted lip. Enjoy! ( I just put on the V limited replica badge)

Running the stock 18mm lens on 4 second exposure. A little blurry but not bad, the head on shot was tough to PS out, as it ran right through the light.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great photos!

What suspension and wheet/tire setup are you running?
Thanks! I am running 04 STi struts w/ 05 Spec C springs now! about 1/4 lower than the 06 STi springs. And then 18 x 9 rotas..and very soon something new and wider! tires are 245/40 R18

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Thanks again for that wheel and tire size J... I didnt mean to copy u but as soon as I saw your combo I went out and bought the same wheels and tires and just put them on last night with my sti struts and springs! Thanks again for the helpful info!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for that wheel and tire size J... I didnt mean to copy u but as soon as I saw your combo I went out and bought the same wheels and tires and just put them on last night with my sti struts and springs! Thanks again for the helpful info!!
Anytime man! I plan to change mine up very soon, trying to put a little wider rim on it.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Awesome shots! You must be going SLOW for a 4-sec exposure to have that little motion. Do you have to be on a pretty smooth road? I would assume a bump could sway the rig enough to blur the car too.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! Could you provide some info/pics on the rig you're using?

I really need to do this myself...
I bought the rig from Ken, its four 3.5' aluminum poles (2'') and they are connected with some 1.75'' pipes. I use T clamps to hold the 2'' pipe on the smaller connectors. For suction cups I bought 2 of these link and then on the end for the camera a Manfroto magic arm (which is amazing!)

The pipe is one thing, but doing a rig shot it takes at least 2 peps, one to drive the car and the other to operate the camera and to hold the pipe from shaking. In order to get long exposures I walk with the car very slowly and hold the end of the pipe while the person drives the car, usually on a steep incline so they can roll it. (engine causes blurriness also)Then there is the fun of photoshoping the rig out! Takes forever!

My next purchases is a wide angle 10-22mm lens so I can get much further back and then there is a filter that adds a few tenths to the exposure which is suppose to help. (its a touch call, purchase stuff for the car or camera!)

Awesome shots! You must be going SLOW for a 4-sec exposure to have that little motion. Do you have to be on a pretty smooth road? I would assume a bump could sway the rig enough to blur the car too.
Yeah it was going maybe 4 mph, very slow...I thought there was a ton of motion, the further back the more motion you get...but that requires a different lens. (ie look at Kens shots, he uses a nice wide angle lens)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice work! and nice car too! Im so amazed at what can be done with photography these days. I have coworkers into it and they bring in their latest portfolios and its just WOW:rock:

·
Former Foz Dude
2010 WRX STI SE STI 6-speed, yo
1,362 Posts
Nice shots, Jeremy! That first shot could stand to be warmed up a bit. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts