Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Prem
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This essentially is my first post here. I have been lurking around these forums for quite some time now, and now I need your suggestions. The car is configured as such:

2.5X Premium 4AT
PZEV
All-weather package (including all-weather mats, heated front seats, wiper de-icer)
6 yr/ 80,000 miles extended Subaru warranty

The OTD price (including sales tax, and license and registration fees, destination and delivery charge) is $26,000.

Is this a good price?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. By the way, this car is in Massachusetts, near the South Shore area. If any of you can recommend any dealerships in the area, let me know. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
2010 2.5 Prem auto PZEV

Note: Can't find All Weather Pkg option in Forester. Outback's All Weather Pkg is $500 retail, $417 cost.

23,460 Discount Price B4 6.25% tax
24,926 (sale tax included)

+ Subie Extended Warranty Gold plus 6yr/80000
w/100 ded=$815...
w/50 ded =$902..
w/ 0 ded=$1010

Inspection sticker, Plate & Title is about 100-200 ... dealer docs fee : various

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello,

When I was Forester shopping back in March, heres what I did. Test drive some cars at the lot. I went to a dealership where I knew I was going to buy the car anyways. They have an engine/trans for life guarantee and no other dealer in the area did so I knew I wanted to buy from them. It was the last week of the month when I started talks with the dealer and I actually bought my car on the 30th. Make a rapport with them but tell them exactly what you want, color, package, etc and dont let them try to sell you something off their lot. Now just google the subaru dealerships in your state or even neighboring states and ask for the price for the same car you want. You will be amazed that the same car only 100 miles away with cost +/- $$ thousands!!! Dont be afraid to tell the dealer your willingness to drive said distance If he cant price match. I did and they went and delivered the car I wanted, from the other dealers lot, and gave me the price I told them I was going to pay. They wanted that commission so bad it was ridiculous.

Now for the warranty part....I went through the whole signing ordeal, and at the very end they offered me the warrant speach. I wasnt bitting because I already has a the engines/trans plus the factory 36k mile deal anyways. But the kicker is that they kept trying to sell me the darn thing anyways. They kept offering the 6yr warranty and haggling the price down....way down. Just know the warranty they offer is subject to haggling too!!!! Everything is subject to haggling in this economy. If they want your business... and believe me they do....get ready to walk out the door if they dont give you the price you want.

Good luck :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
www.truecar.com

MSRP $24,890
$23,324 is 'great price' from this site above.

Can get great info re just about any model / trim ... use this 'great price' as your base to add up, instead of salesman's using MSRP to lower down. Don't go down there until a confirmed price is offered. Don't buy any at the finance room in a hurry decision. You can do extensive research in pricing after take car delivery. I am sure you can get much better price online. Get a lowest pre-approved car loan in hand b4 your trip to the dealer, it is great car loan negotiation if dealer sells anything higher % rate than yours.

Online application (Bank One, Bank of America, AAA) is about 5-10 mins. I had pre-approved Bk of Am used car loan 4.99% (5 yrs) in hand and the delaer can't offer any loan cheaper or meet my 4.99%, so I told them to use mine, thus a SAVING!

Is it 'Planet Subaru' in the south shore you are shopping?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts