Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the rating for the standard fuel pump that comes with the 06 2.5 FXT ?

I believe the injectors are 550's..

Cheers
Pete

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
I'm running a Walbro 255. I wasn't sure what the stock one flows but I knew it wouldn't be enough down the road.

The injectors are thought to flow 550cc. No one has flow tested one off of an 06 yet but Cobb extrapolated some data when doing the AP programs and they thought they were 550s from the injector duty cycles.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the head said:
I'm running a Walbro 255. I wasn't sure what the stock one flows but I knew it wouldn't be enough down the road.

The injectors are thought to flow 550cc. No one has flow tested one off of an 06 yet but Cobb extrapolated some data when doing the AP programs and they thought they were 550s from the injector duty cycles.
Thanks for the info - might drop one in just to be safe.
I notice you're running a WRX IC - What's you're view on how far it's safe to go with the stock one ? I'm probably only looking to get to 330/330 at this stage with a VF39/Prodrive exhaust/filter and remap..

Many Thanks

Cheers
Pete

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Bartop said:
I notice you're running a WRX IC - What's you're view on how far it's safe to go with the stock one ? I'm probably only looking to get to 330/330 at this stage with a VF39/Prodrive exhaust/filter and remap..

Many Thanks

Cheers
Pete
I say go w/ a larger top mount for that kind of power...the WRX TMIC is slightly better than the FXT TMIC but unless you go big, you will get crazy heat soak. Wrapping the hot side of the VF39 will help w/ the heat soak.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sirwilliam said:
I say go w/ a larger top mount for that kind of power...the WRX TMIC is slightly better than the FXT TMIC but unless you go big, you will get crazy heat soak. Wrapping the hot side of the VF39 will help w/ the heat soak.
Thanks again :)

Does the WRX intercooler go straight on with no modding ? What about one from an Impreza sti ?

Good tip on the wrapping :)

Cheers
Pete

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Bartop said:

Many Thanks

Cheers
Pete
FYI, unless that is power at the crank, you will not be seeing 330/330 at the wheels running a VF39.

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Bartop said:
Does the WRX intercooler go straight on with no modding ?
Cheers
Pete
It does not go sraight on. The mounts are different and I had to modify a splitter and make a separate 'skirt' for the splitter to direct the air onto the core.

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
the head said:
It does not go sraight on. The mounts are different and I had to modify a splitter and make a separate 'skirt' for the splitter to direct the air onto the core.
i had to do the same. I went to home depot and cut the handle off of a trowel and drilled a few holes in it and attached it. works just fine. a little ghetto (maybe alot) but it does the trick and only cost a few bucks!

be sure to get all the hardware first because the BOV is not a direct swap!

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Weird. Probably another difference on the 06 because my stock BOV bolted on perfectly to the WRX unit. However, the WRX unit is on it's way to a new home and I'm waiting on an APS top mount now.

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
sirwilliam said:
FYI, unless that is power at the crank, you will not be seeing 330/330 at the wheels running a VF39.
Unless you drop alky injection on it! I think it would be possible that way but other than that it will run out of steam right at or near 300. There are afew of us that have tried and come close but no one on here has pulled 300 with the vf39 yet.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah - sorry, I keep forgetting you guys measure at the wheels..
330/330 is at the crank..
Cheers
Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts