Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
04 FXT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 forester with a 1.25" receiver. currently using a Saris 2 bike rack; but would like to ad another 1 or 2 bike attachment. the 2 bike rack weights 46lbs; and 2 bike extender about 42. each bike weights 25-30 lbs. that is about 200 lbs. i am concerned not only about the weight itslef but where it is located; up to 3' off the back of the car. has any one used a 4 bike rack? what do you guys think about running 4 bikes? is it too mcuh weight?

· Registered
2014 CVT
972 Posts
its all about the tongue weight, and from what i remember its around 200lbs, so your at your max now, i would try a search of tongue weight or bike rack to see what others are useing

on a side note they call me meathooks at school............i find that, mixed with your user name to be funny, how did you come by your name

· Registered
04 FXT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its all about the tongue weight, and from what i remember its around 200lbs, so your at your max now, i would try a search of tongue weight or bike rack to see what others are useing

on a side note they call me meathooks at school............i find that, mixed with your user name to be funny, how did you come by your name
ha ha its a name from when i was a kid.

my cousin always called me meat; like you meat whats up. he also drag races and had hooker headers on his car. we were at the races and i was making jokes about hooker headers and it kind of blossomed from there.

how'd you get your name?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.