Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 forester with a 1.25" receiver. currently using a Saris 2 bike rack; but would like to ad another 1 or 2 bike attachment. the 2 bike rack weights 46lbs; and 2 bike extender about 42. each bike weights 25-30 lbs. that is about 200 lbs. i am concerned not only about the weight itslef but where it is located; up to 3' off the back of the car. has any one used a 4 bike rack? what do you guys think about running 4 bikes? is it too mcuh weight?

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
its all about the tongue weight, and from what i remember its around 200lbs, so your at your max now, i would try a search of tongue weight or bike rack to see what others are useing

on a side note they call me meathooks at school............i find that, mixed with your user name to be funny, how did you come by your name

·
Registered
04 FXT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its all about the tongue weight, and from what i remember its around 200lbs, so your at your max now, i would try a search of tongue weight or bike rack to see what others are useing

on a side note they call me meathooks at school............i find that, mixed with your user name to be funny, how did you come by your name
ha ha its a name from when i was a kid.

my cousin always called me meat; like you meat whats up. he also drag races and had hooker headers on his car. we were at the races and i was making jokes about hooker headers and it kind of blossomed from there.

how'd you get your name?

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
im not the smallest guy in the world............lol and my teacher at the time just started calling me that, funny thing is that some kids hear my real name and are like wait your names steve???????

·
Registered
05 XT 4eat
124 Posts
Is getting a new rack an option? I have a Thule Ridgeline and it weighs about 40 pounds. Carries up to 4 bikes, 3 is best, and pretty much comes with all of Thule's optional equipment. It's a great rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts