Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Premium CVT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick question here. I have an iPod classic that I use just in the car to keep all my music on. And I have a lot of it, like 1,500+ artists. Everything works great, the iPod is compatible, the only problem I have is with scrolling. When I turn the right knob on the stereo to scroll through artists it goes very slow. This means that it would take a solid couple of minutes of just scrolling to reach an artist in the middle of the alphabet. I don't want to do that because #1: I'm lazy and #2: It's distracting from the road.

Is there a way that I'm missing that would make it easier to skip through the alphabet and scroll quicker, or am I better off taking most of the music off the iPod?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Forester XT CVT
11 Posts
Sorry, I can't help, I'd like to see if there's an easier way as well. I've got the same setup but with 5,000+ songs. I tried to find a song by 'Five For Fighting', it took me 5 minutes to get to the F's, I kid you not!

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
I don't think there's an easy way out. A couple things I do:

* Create some playlists and use those to categorize
* Switch it to song or album random and mix things up

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Premium CVT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's sort of what I was afraid of. I'll be upgrading the unit at some point, but was hoping to find a workaround until I got to that point.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
There are many buttons that could be used to skip around more quickly, but they are all dead in iPod mode. No voice control either. A missed opportunity for sure.

Fortunately, the unit is in a standard double-DIN hole, so there will be lots of options to upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts