Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been threads in the past on XT fuel consumption but they have generally been about the 2.5XT model and US fuel consumption figures are hard to compare with ours due to the different octane ratings of fuels in the USA.

So I thought it would be interesting to ask European 2.0XT owners whether they have measured their fuel consumption and specifically whether anyone has ever achieved the apparently very optimistic E.C. extra-urban fuel consumption?

Mine's an automatic which is claimed to achieve 38.2mpg on the extra-urban test (7.4 l/100km). I haven't come close to that. E.g. on a long steady motorway run at about 70-75 mph I averaged 28mpg. I know the extra-urban figure is a laboratory rolling road test, but a 10mpg difference is a lot.

-- Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
when i bougt the car (2005) for in a miixed cicle with conservative drive (max 4000rpm) i have managed 11ltr/100 klm

now after ecutek and other mods (245whp) i have done 13ltr/100km (city)
and also 28lt/100km (other style;) )

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xristos.athens said:
when i bougt the car (2005) for in a miixed cicle with conservative drive (max 4000rpm) i have managed 11ltr/100 klm
= 25.7 miles per UK gallon
now after ecutek and other mods (245whp) i have done 13ltr/100km (city)
and also 28lt/100km (other style;) )
= 21.7 and 10.1 miles per UK gallon respectively.

(10.1! You must have been having fun that day!)

Thanks for the figures, Xristos. Anyone else?

-- Steve

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
sahunt said:
There have been threads in the past on XT fuel consumption but they have generally been about the 2.5XT model and US fuel consumption figures are hard to compare with ours due to the different octane ratings of fuels in the USA.-- Steve
Further complicated by the fact that UK and US gallons are not the same - IIRC an Imperial gallon is equivalent to approx. 1.20 US gallons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts