Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through the various links this is an old issue , but frustrating never the less.
Bought a 05 XT last earlier this year and the spare key remote never worked , so I sent it off for a refurb , it came back with the instructions below which I have tried together with variations (on off 11 times or until the horn sounds NO HORN !!) THE ONLY NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IS THAT I NOW HAVE AN INTERMITTENT FLASHING KEY ON MY DASH... Anyone had this and has a solution , any help would be appreciated.

1 Deactivate alarm if equipped.
2. Open drivers door, get in vehicle and close door. (all other doors closed)
3. Within 15 seconds, turn ignition to ON position and back to LOCK position 10 times. Leave key in ignition. Horn will sound once to indicate you have entered programming mode.
4. Within in 45 seconds:
A. Open and close drivers door.
B. Press LOCK or UNLOCK button on remote you want to program.
Horn sounds twice to indicate remote was programmed.
5. To program additional remotes repeat steps 4A and 4B for each remote
Horn will sound after each remote is programmed.

6. When the last remote has been programmed remove key from ignition.
Horn will sound three times to indicate exit of programming mode.

7. Test remote(s)

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Do you have the separate key fob, the blue Subaru labelled one? If so, thats what you need to re-program, using the keypad for the alarm.

I was always under the impression that Subaru UK never used the remote built into the key, something about the alarm classification, correct me if I'm wrong. So if you have been reading a thread from the rest of the forum, then their methods may be different.

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
my factory fit sigma used the buttons on the key, im pretty sure you need to use the keypad to program the key rather than just using the buttons on the key

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback so far .
The remote works off a single button key (not a keypad)
The Key type is CE0891
The immobilizer type (taken from my instruction book is IMB521-01

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
The above link I posted still applies...

The CE0891 number on the back of the key just refers to the CE marking requirements for the fob.

You have a sigma M30 alarm fitted with a single button key fob to activate it. There will be a keypad in a drop down drawer on the dash to the right of the steering wheel - this is where all code input takes place. Refer to the "Programming Remote Keys to the System" section in the above link to add your spare key. You must have the existing PIN code in order to do this though, I suggest you check through your documentation...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys instead of blindly following the (incorrect) instructions to program the spare key of the guy who fixed my key, I am getting closer.
Found the keypad, and found a 5 ? digit number on a steel tag in the documentation pack, which looks to be the same as that shown in the manual .
I have followed the instructions both form this site and that shown in the Cat 1 alarm system booklet in my doc pack , but cannot get past the entering of the Pin code , which states 4 digits where I have 5 ? I have tired various permutations (4 & 5 numbers) with no luck.
I am thinking
a / incorrect pin (5 digits instead of 4 ) ?
b/ Original Pin has been changed ?

I guess its a trip to a locksmith or dealer?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S Turbo
317 Posts
Definately four digit on my admittedly older car, it's on a little credit card type thing that came with my owners documet pack, I was lucky to get it all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the delay I have been working away for a few days.

SORTED :woohoo:....the link from Joey turbo worked a treat.

Thanks for all the help & suggestions

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Glad it worked.

I'd recommend everyone to change their PIN using this method, while you still can. As in this case, where your PIN was recorded incorrectly. If you didn't have a working fob, then it would be a trip to the dealers and/or new alarm system, for £££'s because they could probably only supply the original code.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts