Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 Forester S from Royal Used Cars in West Roxbury, MA for $7200. It has 96K, and he is replacing the timing belt and all the front seals, and replacing the head gaskets, all included in the price. Seems like a good deal

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
welcome from pasadena, ca! the subie love's gonna start taking control of you.........

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,684 Posts
welcome to the board. looks like a good deal - less worries to.. worry about.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really has!

welcome from pasadena, ca! the subie love's gonna start taking control of you.........
I feel like...what the F**K have I been driving BMW and Lexus cars for, the last 20 years. It took one dealer, after my Lexus died, to ask "what about a Subaru Forester?", we have one getting some body work, blah, blah, blah. It got me interested enough to research them, and it was like an epiphany. This is the perfect car for me. Room to carry stuff, the S model I bought has leather, heated seats, etc. and I can do repairs myself...it's not a $2K job to do routine work. Thanks for the reply and welcome. :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Not only did you get a good car, but this board is THE place for those who do their own repairs. You will get questions answered by friendly people who know what they're talking about.

Welcome!
David

·
Registered
2001 Forester "S" 4EAT
315 Posts
welcome to the Forum from N.C.,I just picked up a 2001 Forester S for $7,000 but I got mine as-is. sounds like you got a great deal. how ya liking it so far?

I have put about 200 miles on mine so far and just installed a trailer Hitch.

It seems to pull my trailer pretty well and the more I drive the Fozzy,the more I like it.

the automatic shifts well and is so relaxing. trust me after 4 years of shifting in the Legacy and the last 2 months having to hold it in gear while driving,the auto trans is a welcome change. I am hopeing to use it to go to some Rotorcraft conventions with and tow my helicopter. so far just towed my lawn mower and it did great, ( 1,200 lbs commercial mower ) helicopter is lighter so it should tow it with ease.

if you did not get the owners manual with it, it can be downloaded in PDF form. I saw a link on here a few days ago and got my copy downloaded. now need to study it.

I also need to find a keyfob for it as all I have is a regular key.

I had been doing a lot of reading and I beleive the 2001 model has the least issues and has all the options I loved.

looking forward to tomorrow got more lawns to mow,which means reason to drive the Foz. :)

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love my Fozzy!

I am almost looking forward to a harsh winter to see how well this handles the snow. I will be buying a trailer hitch soon, since this did not come with one. People recommend a Curt Class II more than any other I think. I don't have anything to tow at the moment, but it will give me a good place to anchor straps for my kayak. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2000 SF5 JDM S/TB 5MT
270 Posts
welcome to the joys of the foz...
from sunny New Zealand

1 - 14 of 14 Posts