Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am brand spanking new here. I bought my first Subaru yesterday, a 2001 Forester. I am so excited. I had never looked at or driven one until I met my boyfriend a few years ago. I knew they were good cars, but I've always been hooked on Honda's . Well after finding out what an awesome turning radius it has...the wonderful heated seats and most of all the 4 wheel drive that kept me on the road in a horrible down pour..I was sold. I wanted one for myself. I have a 2010 Mazda 3 that I will be parking .. driving my new Forester instead.I got it for a steal because it has a blow head gasket . My wonderful boyfriend is going to rebuild the motor for me...because he has mad skills like that..and I will be on my way. I can't wait to have her on the road, won't be long..look for me..the blue blur tooling through the Piedmont Triad area ...:) .:rock:

·
Registered
2001 Forester "S" 4EAT
315 Posts
Hi! I am brand spanking new here. I bought my first Subaru yesterday, a 2001 Forester. I am so excited. I had never looked at or driven one until I met my boyfriend a few years ago. I knew they were good cars, but I've always been hooked on Honda's . Well after finding out what an awesome turning radius it has...the wonderful heated seats and most of all the 4 wheel drive that kept me on the road in a horrible down pour..I was sold. I wanted one for myself. I have a 2010 Mazda 3 that I will be parking .. driving my new Forester instead.I got it for a steal because it has a blow head gasket . My wonderful boyfriend is going to rebuild the motor for me...because he has mad skills like that..and I will be on my way. I can't wait to have her on the road, won't be long..look for me..the blue blur tooling through the Piedmont Triad area ...:) .:rock:
Welcome to the Forum babe! :)

This is my lady :)

I knew after driving my Fozzy awhile she would get bitten by the bug. I posted a few pics of her new ride in the what did you do to your Subie today area. started work on pulling the engine today, but did not get it out due to the lower engine to trans bolts not easy to get to and it also started snowing so figured I had done enough for one day. 4 bolts and she is out. :)

Yep my lady is hooked. and I feel better knowing she is driving a safer car after she told me how she hydroplaned in the Mazda the night she went to get my birthday present.

·
Registered
2001 Forester "S" 4EAT
315 Posts
Well I am happy to say after replacing both head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, T stat, and idler pulleys, this evening for the First Time My lady Cindi ( Indigoocean13) got to hear her new to her, 2001 "L" start for the first time. look at that Smile on her face. :) Video below. now we did not have time to check much over as it was getting late and we where tired, but as you can see in the Video the cooling fans are staying on. any idea what to look for? note we did not have enough antifreeze yet to fill it, so we did not run it long. also the check engine light was staying on. but I figure that could be due to old gas and the power being disconnected for so long.

But she is a Happy lady. got around $1,500 or so total in it so far.

Also someone broke the antenna connection lose from the rear window, do you think we can re soldier it?

Anyway Cindi is NOW Officially a Forester owner and we are a 2 Forester family now both 2001 models... :)

Cindi's L first start - YouTube

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,746 Posts
That's awesome. I love those Subaru Legacy GT wheels. My sister had a 2001 GT and those wheels are the best looking oem wheels that ever were made :-D.

·
Registered
2001 Forester "S" 4EAT
315 Posts
We found the issue with the fans, we somehow missed plugging in the ECT sensor, so I am pretty sure that is why the fans are running, today we filled the antifreeze the rest of the way but the T-stat never opened. I think it has some air in the system. replaced the belts and she is sounding sweet now. got the tags for it, so it's in the home stretch.

Need to get some new head lights as both are broken where it holds the lower trim pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts