Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just want to say this forum has been very helpful when shopping for my new car, so thanks all.

Just got a 2010 Forester 2.X premium with winter package (spark silver). So far, so good. Had Legacy ('92) and Legacy Outbacks ('96 x 2) before and wanted something a little more nimble/fun. It's winter a lot of the time here, and icy roads are the norm.

Stereo question: Just ordered 4 shallow Polk speakers (4 om) that come with a free JV 2-channel amp from Crutchfield. Haven't installed yet; I see some people are wiring 2 speakers (front and back) parallel on each side to the amp and others are just installing front speakers. Has anyone wired new front speakers to an amp and installed new back speakers hooked up to the original head unit?

Thanks a lot,
AK Ali

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new 2010 Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

I'm not really into a major car audio system, but members notice a major improvement by installing the optional door tweeters, if you don't have them. You can add a subwoofer to help the system with the lows. Most get the best sound by replacing the stock head unit. :smile:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts