Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post and I've tried searching through other posts to find a solution but my neighbors are getting upset with me over this issue and I can't find a fix. Hopefully someone who's much more knowledgeable than I am can chime in and help me out!

I've been in the market for an SF foz for a few months now and finally picked up a 99 Forester S last Sunday for a really good deal. The guy I bought it from had all the service records and showed me that he had the dealership install the code alarm system on it, but he didn't have an OEM key fob. He had an aftermarket fob from KeylessRide and said that it had just recently stopped working. Anyways, that's not really the point...

I got the Forester home and started noticing that my neighbors' key fobs are setting off the alarm to my Forester. Additionally, I ended up setting off the Forester alarm when I went to unlock my 2013 Chrysler 200 this morning.

I understand that there is probably RF interference and I've tried to turn the key to the ON position and pressing the little button under the dash to disable the alarm, but it's still being triggered by other key fobs. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts