Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

681 - 700 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester L 5 Speed MT
1 Posts
I just want to say thanks for this too, I was able to pop my clock out and get it working in about 10 minutes!! This is my first Subaru and I must say that it is a really fun little car and very easy to work on. :)

·
Registered
2010 Forester & Legacy
33 Posts
Found some one had tried to fix (butcher) the solder joints on the clock from my 2001 Forester. I reheated the joints and tried to push the resistors back in place especially, R510. Reads (52 Ohm's ?) Still not working... I see a black spot on the lower corner of the 7 segment display maybe this is bad ? To the right of R510 there is (1W) printed and between these two is a solder joint (circle dot) should I connect the resistor to this joint ? Lastly, are there aftermarket clocks available any where ? Thanks for any help !

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 forester
32 Posts
thanks!!! I just fixed my clock I actually had to do it twice. first time I didn't do one of the resistors... put it up. didn't work and I left it. it bugged me and I went back and re-did all of them. works great

thanks posting it

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
1 Posts
Just bought a 60,000 mile 2001 Forester L in great condition downside was I couldn't get the clock to work. I diagnosed the problem and found this forum. 510 solder was cracked gotta say thanks for the info. I made an account for the purpose of posting this but I'm sticking around

·
Registered
1999 Forester / WRX 5-speed
297 Posts
I just want to say a big thank you to the OP for this thread! I now have a working clock in my 99! Two of my connections were completely broken, so we re-soldered all three to be safe.

·
Registered
2002 Forester Manual
16 Posts
Several years ago I got the clock to work with the repair mentioned, but randomly the time will reset to 1:00. I can be when I start the engine and while driving. I wonder if anyone else has that situation?

·
Registered
2002 Forester
1 Posts
Thanks for this -- popped mine out, fixed it -- went out two days later (I'm new to soldering, will give it another try).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I know this is an old post but I have a 2000 Subaru forester 2.0 non turbo with roof mounted clock which hasn't worked since I bought. Being the only thing on the whole car that don't work I took it out to repair it. But someone must of tried before as the 2 resistors in there are no where to be seen so have nothing to be able to repair. So does anybody have one for sale as I'd like it 100% and I'm struggling to find one I'm located in thetford norfolk UK thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
@Ezzygeezer I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Curious... does your circuit board match the one pictured on the first post in this thread? If so, are the resistor locations marked on the circuit board & the parts are missing?

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2001 Forester
4 Posts
Hi everybody,
Original 2001 Forester owner here (265K miles). After years of living without the LED clock, finally decided to give the "fix" a go. The process is rather painless, however, after plugging the clock back in, it works perfect when the ignition key is on the ACC position, but when the key is at the "ON" position, the clock is dimmed to barely visible. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, yes, headlight is on at all times, my wife has the car now, will report as soon as the car is back and I will check by turning the light off.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
4 Posts
Bobby, you nailed it. I totally forgot that 20 years ago, headlight is only supposed to be on in the dark. Thanks a bunch.

681 - 700 of 702 Posts