Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
SF5 - S Turbo - 1999
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I recently bought my first Forester, and I'm absolutely loving it - But now that i have driven it for a couple of months, I'm starting wanting more power (As you do). So I was hoping to get some help from you guys, getting past 300hp. I've already bought a used Impreza 3' turboback exhaust, with a small bubble silencer and muffler with 4,5' muffler (I know it needs extending a bit). Besides that, I've bought an hardly used H&S uppipe.
Sooo what are your thoughts? :)
- Viktor

·
Registered
JDM Cross Sport, JDM Impreza Spec C RA, Widearch WRC Spec P1 and an R34 GTR M-Spec - JDM HEAVEN!
68 Posts
Uprated Fuel Pump
VF35 Turbo and TMIC off a Newage STI
3-port Boost solenoid
Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator with 3.0Bar Static Fuel Pressure

H&S Uppipe is a bad investment unless you need over 370bhp, use your OEM catless Uppipe . as it is the same as the ones on the Newage STi's and run 250 hp without restriction

·
Registered
JDM Cross Sport, JDM Impreza Spec C RA, Widearch WRC Spec P1 and an R34 GTR M-Spec - JDM HEAVEN!
68 Posts
Thanks a lot! But now that I already bought it, it doesn't hurt to fit it right? I payed around 55 pounds for it.
Depends on the ID of the Uppipe, OEM is 42mm ID and if you buy one one those cheap chinese flexi-jointed ones then they are 51mm ID and that makes the OEM TD04 reach full boost by late next month.....

Reactions: Lockheed

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,699 Posts
Uprated Fuel Pump
VF35 Turbo and TMIC off a Newage STI
3-port Boost solenoid
Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator with 3.0Bar Static Fuel Pressure

H&S Uppipe is a bad investment unless you need over 370bhp, use your OEM catless Uppipe . as it is the same as the ones on the Newage STi's and run 250 hp without restriction
What about injectors @WUZ.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Grey 380's in Forester @ 3-Bar Static covers you up to about 310 - beyond that your looking at Yellow 440's (Phase 2 Classic Impreza WRX side-feed injectors) - this is assuming its not a JDM Forester in which case it may have the yellow 440's already.

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
2,044 Posts
My99 UK SF5 had the yellow 440's (stumpy bigger diameter upper) right? They were deffo yellow.

Reactions: WUZ

·
Registered
68 Posts
440's @ 92% IDC can handle up to 325 bhp with OEM FRP and uprated fuel pump but if you want to go to more, you need to up the Top end fuel volume with more fuel pressure

Wouldn't want your injectors above 92% IDC for any long period of time as the may go static OPEN (BAAAAAAAD NEWS!)

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
No probs on delay, we've all been super busy :D lol, but seriously, thanks for the info.... So what can I get with my 740cc setup :cool:
On the OEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (2.8 Bar Static) - roughly 450-480bhp (at the Flywheel) dependant on your fuel blend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.