Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Forester S 200,000 miles ej25.
First Subaru. Car drives fine but idles terrible. Shaking misfire idle.
I’ve been chasing the misfire for a bit now. CEL will say p0304. Compression test comes back 60ish psi. Leak down test has air leaking from exhaust. Timing is perfect. Belt is newish. So burnt or stuck valve right? Is there any other way to diagnose with out a tear down? Any ideas if I’m going down the right track?

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
1,108 Posts
You might check ALL the cylinders and valves before you take it apart. So far you need one new cylinder head. Check to see if you need another. After eliminating other possible compression related problems, if a cylinder still misfires switch out the coils or injectors from a good cylinder.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might check ALL the cylinders and valves before you take it apart. So far you need one new cylinder head. Check to see if you need another. After eliminating other possible compression related problems, if a cylinder still misfires switch out the coils or injectors from a good cylinder.
I adjusted valves when the misfire first started happening. And the other three cylinders have good pressure. 125+psi. Injector is new too for cylinder 4. And coil checks out. OEM Subaru.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts