Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. After driving for a bit the check engine light will normally come on and off occasionally. I tried to get a CPU reader to find the issue code but haven't been able to find one working with that year. I've had a look a look around and can't find the issue. I've replaced the crank sensor, checked the oil and radiator system but haven't been able to fix it. From reading online people have said it might be the cam sensor playing up, however I haven't been able to find where the sensor should be (not near the right of the alternator and belts or near the spark plugs). The car normal has to turn over a bit more than usual, to start up when turning the ignition. Any help or guidence would be great. Thanks

·
Administrator
14,107 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Richneet

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Before you throw more money at it you need to get the code read - Supercheap do it for A$14

The sensor is shown top right in this figure

Number 6 below

1 - 3 of 3 Posts