Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 L

I've replaced all four struts and had to replace cam seals, after cam seals I had car aligned. A few days later I began hearing a thumping sound as I pressed the brakes.

I have been told it is the knuckle in the rear axle. And I need to replace the rear axles. Should I go with this or should I be checking other possibilities?

If anyone could give me some other possibilities that i could check. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1998 Forester
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it just sounds like a thump that is louder when I am going faster and begin to brake. When I allow the car to slow down before pressing the brake it's very low. Or not at all. And it may all be in my head but, it feels as if the car is not stopping like it once was. I have to press a little harder to completely stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, it just sounds like a thump that is louder when I am going faster and begin to brake. When I allow the car to slow down before pressing the brake it's very low. Or not at all. And it may all be in my head but, it feels as if the car is not stopping like it once was. I have to press a little harder to completely stop.
had same noise had all wheel lugs retorqued found rr was slightly loose, even tho it felt tight..noise ,went away immediately .Always ask if your mechanic uses torque sticks when tightening lug nuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts