Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so im having trouble with my security system and starting my car. its a 98 forester. its done some weird things before like not turning over but ive been able to get it going by disconnecting the battery, turning the key to on, reconnecting battery and it starts. but now its different and that doesnt work. something is keeps draining the battery and i have to jumpstart it but sometimes that doesnt even work. ive replaced the battery and alternator thinking that would help but it didnt help for long and now im stumped. i think ive got a bad connection with my trunk because its not the original and theres almost always an open door light on my dash and that might have something to do with setting off the security bug. any tips on how to reset the system or turn it off?

·
Registered
2010 X Limited, 2.5L NA, 4AT. Purchased as the second owner in 2020 with ~126K miles.
525 Posts
The battery drain issue just plain needs to be fixed. It may or may not be influencing the start sequence.

Security systems are designed not to be defeated, so you are up against that if you are moving ahead on that idea. Are you sure it is the security system and not a safety interlock like the transmission neutral safety switch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts