Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Forester 1999 S-turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i recently bought myself a 1999 subaru forester s-turbo. I tried to connect my fixd obdII sensor to it but all i get is a message saying i have low voltage. Also when i look under the dash i can see some connections thats not connected. I was wondering if anybody knows what these are for and if i should be worried?

This is a picture of the connectors that were unplugged. I tried connecting them as shown in the picture. But one of them did not have the male side of the connection.
Sorry for the bad picture but the connections im referring to is the green one, the black one with the blue-black to red-black wires attached to it. And the last one as seen not plugged into anything.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
413 Posts
Those two connectors are for the diagnostic mode. Leave them unplugged and try the obd again reader....am not sure if the 1999 models have obd2....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,544 Posts
It's not OBDII compliant. It does have an obd port but for use with Subaru software (SSM) free.

Good luck and have a search on this site for more information and leave both the green and black plugs unconnected as they're for reading diagnostic codes in conjunction with corresponding the red flashing light on your speedo cluster. I'm sure the pdf is on this site that shows what light and in what sequence they are corresponding to.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,804 Posts
@Respecc welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Here's a thread on that green connector:
Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,734 Posts
European Subaru's not OBDII (EOBD subset) until MY01

Reading the Scoobypedia links in the "Why is this green plug not connected" linked thread above will show you how to read fault codes for the early models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts