Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm going crazy trying to fix my 1998 Subaru Forester L. A month ago I noticed my fuse for my power door locks blew. So I replaced it. Then two days ago completely unrelated I got back into my car in the evening and went to turn my lights on and noticed when I turned the light switch it did nothing.

I've been trying to troubleshoot it for the last couple of days and have yielded no results. I cannot find anyone with this same issue. So went to a pick and pull and replaced the blinker module and that did nothing as well. The blinkers and hazards work but just not anything controlled by that light switch on the end. I have no headlights, tail lights, or interior dash lights. Now I'm chasing the door locks.

You guys have been so helpful throughout the years and I would really appreciate any advice.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,508 Posts
@derbanhoff welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Looking at this as possibly 2 separate problems & assuming you have verified there are no blown fuses. For the lighting issue, the common part appears to be the light switch?

► Disclaimer - I don't have wiring diagrams for the '98, so I'm looking at the '99 wiring diagrams.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, @2.5x_sleeper thanks for the reply!

I actually was an account holder about 10 years ago but lost the login info. So in desperation, I created a new one.

I've checked all fuses to see if they were blown. Obviously my power locking keeps going but at this point, I'm way more concerned about the lighting. It's just weird. It seems so simple. Just that switch doesn't work...

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@2.5x_sleeper I haven't had the fuses to test it, unfortunately. The most recent two blows happened when I was trying to fix the issue. I'm not sure if it is related, just thought I would bring it up because it seems to have happened in conjunction.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@2.5x_sleeper The lighting fuse in the interior box. I forgot the number but its 3 from the top left and requires a 15a.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts