Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 forester with the square remote. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the keyless entry? Or does anyone know how to make it so instead of holding the unlock button for 6 seconds, the first click will unlock all the doors?

·
Registered
2009 & Jamboree Motorhome
347 Posts
I have a 98 forester with the square remote. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the keyless entry? Or does anyone know how to make it so instead of holding the unlock button for 6 seconds, the first click will unlock all the doors?
All three of our foresters.. 99- 01- 09.. have always taken two clicks.. 1 for the drivers door and another for the rest.. Never have tryed to hold it down for 6 sec or so to see if it will unlock them all.. But I would say none will unlock all doors with one click.. Fact is of the 9 cars we have had with remote locks none would unlock all with 1 click.. But perhaps some one can figure out how to make it work with one click..

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream

·
Registered
98 Fozzie
169 Posts
All three of our foresters.. 99- 01- 09.. have always taken two clicks.. 1 for the drivers door and another for the rest.. Never have tryed to hold it down for 6 sec or so to see if it will unlock them all.. But I would say none will unlock all doors with one click.. Fact is of the 9 cars we have had with remote locks none would unlock all with 1 click.. But perhaps some one can figure out how to make it work with one click..

Snowdance

he is right!

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Snowdance

I have rewired my wrx so that one click unlocks all the doors. http://www.scoobymods.com/mod_wrx_keyless_entry-t3077.html?t=3077 . So I know it is possible, just a matter of spicing some wires.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
Agreed...I also did the same thing to my 02 WRX and need this info for my new Forester.
I posted this question on NASIOC as well with no results.. :(

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
This is one of two things I REALLY miss about the TL.

You could set the amt of clicks for each key with the car. My key was 1 click and all opened. Seats and mirrors moved to my settings. Wife's remote was two clicks for all doors, and seats and mirrors moved to her setting.

Plus, doors automatically locked when you moved out of Park, and automatically unlocked when you took the key out of the ignition.

Sounds like small things, but I actually miss that more than the extra 100 hp! HAHAHA

I am very interested in this and disabling the obnoxious seat belt alarm.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
159 Posts
I have the same holding system, except its like 2 seconds for me. I would suggest you take a multimeter to the keyless entry control box and see what pins are set to high when its clicked the 1st time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts