Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 forester got hit by uber driver center punch to the front end. car is tottaled. should of the airbags went off? 22-25 mph not sure how fast the guy was drive when he turned into me. this is the secord subaru that the airbags did not deploy. both center punch to front end. took 4 days for uber to contact me. this happened on monday last week and couldnt get rental car till friday. i question is should of the airbags went off?
sorry learning to talk and write again had stroke last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
652 Posts
his is the secord subaru that the airbags did not deploy
Sorry you have lost your car.

Airbags can themselves cause significant injury so should only deploy when there is a high risk of serious injury, or death. If you're not hurt beyond some bruising then you didn't need the airbags. Looking at the damage it was a relatively low speed collision.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have the police report and shows the uber driver at fault. i dont have money for a personal injury atty. and the uber people send me the same email over and over not answering any of my question. trying to take 2 grand off the price of the car cause the paint has sun damage and some paint coming off rear bumper. no damage just sun damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,681 Posts
A personally injury attorney should take it on a contingency basis.
This. Uber is going to screw you otherwise. My parents had an accident with an Uber driver, and they were trying to be nice, but Uber are complete ****s, and they had to hire a lawyer. Once that happened the games stopped and they got their car replaced.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i
222 Posts
you're dealing with the uber drivers insurance aren't you? they should give you retail value of your car.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Manual
305 Posts
Most insurance companies will not cover any sort of livery use; in fact a lot of people have lost their auto insurance once the insurance company found out they were driving for uber. It's very likely, at this point, that the other driver's insurance has been dropped by the carrier.

Uber does provide a liability policy for their drivers, while transporting customers, for this reason.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is a copy and paste of the only email they will send me.

Hello Michael,

We've received a copy of the estimated cost of the damage to your vehicle, and unfortunately it indicates the vehicle is not repairable. Given these circumstances, we will be processing your claim as a Total Loss. I am the adjuster taking over handling of your claim, please note my contact information in the signature section of this email. Please review the steps of a Total Loss claim below and let me know if you have any questions at all.

Next Steps
· Review your vehicle valuation and estimate.
· Please answer the questions below and email your responses to me.
· PLEASE take a photo of your vehicle registration and email a copy to me. This is needed to ensure you are the sole owner of the vehicle. If you are not the owner of the vehicle, all settlement offers MUST be made to the owner.
· You will be contacted by a title clerk with our salvage vendor, Copart. They will go over what is needed to process the claim and issue payment. Copart will be in contact within 48 business hours to go over the title procurement process, please do not contact them as they will may not be able to answer your questions just yet.
IMPORTANT: The documents are void if any information entered has been erased or altered by any means, and will delay the payment process*
Do you give permission for James River Insurance to tow the vehicle to a free storage facility?
Which name(s) appear on the title?
Which state is the vehicle titled in?
Is there a lienholder on the vehicle?
Lienholder Name(bank):
Lienholder Phone number:
Are you in possession of the title?
Have you added any custom items to your vehicle?
Mileage:
Confirm Your Home Address:

Your Vehicle Valuation
Actual Cash Value: $1,980.63
Applicable Taxes: $178.26
Title and registration fees: $22.00
Gross Vehicle Value: $2,180.89

ADJUSTMENTS
Less Deductible: N/A
Net Value: $2,180.89

Copart will follow up with you once all required paperwork is received by you and your lienholder, if any. Once all paperwork is received and the vehicle is in our possession, I will follow up regarding your payment.
If you require a status update regarding paperwork or lienholder contact please call our title team with Copart at 844-836-6767 OPTION 2.
As always, our goal is to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. Please reach out to me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

this e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my insurance company wont even email me or call me back. i had a claim on and they closed it. my insurance company tells me ohh you only have basic liability policy. so they wont help me. even tho i did not cause the crash. of couse i have basic its a 98 subaru. but i did do the head gaskets and timing less then 30k ago and just the tires and shocks were 1200$.
allstate sucks. when am done going to get AAA insurance.
sorry i am stressed out. waiting on my physical therapy app.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts