Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a 1998 Forester that I bought a while ago. I bought it for cheap as it needed the headgaskets changed. I've now changed the headgaskets and also changed the timing belt while I had everything apart. Now that it's all back together though it cranks but wont start. If I spray some quick-start into the intake and try it, it fires up but wont stay running. I've scanned for codes and have the following:

-P0261
-P0264
-P0267
-P0270

I've tried the following:

-comparing the resistance between injector terminals on all 4 Injectors (all at ~12 ohms)

-Checking resistance between the injector connector and the main connection in the engine bay for all injector plugs (All under 1 ohm)

-Checking voltage between ECM connection and chasis ground

Has anyone ever encountered this issue before? Is there something central to all 4 injectors that could be causing the code for all 4 of them? I've read around on here and found a few old posts but none really with a solution. Any tips/ideas/things to try are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,482 Posts
@Shark98 -
Could you have a loose plug that wasn't locked in?
I saw you checked resistance, but do you get good voltage to the injectors while cranking?
Based on the CEL codes it sounds like not.
I would check the wiring harness connections going from injectors back to the power train control module until I found voltage loss.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2002 Forester Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure I've got them all plugged in. Will double check next chance I get to work on it. I've got to replace my battery/ get it recharged as I seem to have killed it and then I'll try checking the voltage as you suggested and post back with what I find. Key on to check voltage?

·
Registered
2003 EJ20K Forester
360 Posts
You probably installed the fuel lines reversed. Pretty easy mistake to make on these engines since the lines come in together.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,482 Posts
@Shark98 - I don't know about the reversed lines, but based on the codes, it sounds like an electrical problem that isn't getting voltage to the injectors so they can fire. The car would have to be turning over for that to happen.
I guess the other way would be for checking continuity, but it could also be an error in the control module.
Auto electrics are such fun...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts