Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished an ej205 swap into my gc8 chassis. Engine and running gear was out of a 1998 forester that had possibly been sitting for a long time. I also did an auto manual conversion. It’s idling high (1400rpm) and is running rich. Anything common it might be? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
@Remco It’s Forester ecu, loom, engine. But it’s out of an sf5 so it’s a 2.0l ej205. Only thing that isn’t Forester is a/c components, wiper motor, etc. Yes I had the iac out to see if it would activate and it moved with ignition on. I then cleaned it and reinstalled but left it unplugged, after starting the car and keeping the revs up it was idling fine, was still smelling a bit rich. As soon as I plugged it back in the revs went up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you transfer the O2 sensors and MAF?
Yeah, everything matches the ecu. Even though I cleaned it I am a bit suspicious of the maf because it’s been sitting for a while. But the car is responsive, just really rich. Reading 11/12 on my afr

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4 speed auto
999 Posts
Does the computer go into closed loop? That is, is the upstream O2 sensor regulating the fuel mixture?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts