Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT AT
1 Posts
Your directions are brilliant!!! I don't suppose anyone can help with my dillemma? I have a '05 XT Forester that looks VERY different to yours inside!!!
I don't want to force anything blindly for fear of damaging it... How should I go about removing my centre air vants?
I am trying to attatch a photo of my interior

12092011131.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT SportShift
1,233 Posts
If you are still looking for instructions, here they are:

1. Remove the trim around the shifter by pulling it up. (Held in by clips only)
2. Unplug the aux. socket wire in the back of the trim.
3. Remove the two screws below the climate controls now exposed after removing the first trim piece.
4. Pop out the climate control piece and disconnect the two plugs on the back side.
5. Use a flat head screw driver (use some masking tap around the tip to avoid scratching the trim panels.
5a. There are a few clips on the sides of the panel and one under the hazard button.
5b. Work around the panel to pop those clips out.
6. There are two screws holding the vents to the panel after you have removed it from the dash.

I can take some pictures later since my dash is still have disassembled. :p

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,965 Posts
Excellent write up, as always Mike, and thanks for debunking the 'impossible to do' rumour. I have tried this once or twice but after half an hour of trying to wiggle the heater control unit (EDM) out, I gave up and put everything back. EDM has cables which make it a little more difficult but I couldn't get it to budge. I went to a breakers and the only way he could get one out caused it to break so I'm guessing the JDM climate unit is a little easier to remove. Based on your article, I will have another go because I would like to add some sound deadening to the bulkhead and front wheel arches.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
9 Posts
my central/top glove box had a crack and dissolved today. I removed the two screws as shown above but it won't budge. Just for clarification, do I just pull it towards me or do I need to try to get in and pry somehow? Where to pry without marring the dash is the question... I'll need a replacement so need to know how to remove and replace!

Thx for any tips

Chris

·
Registered
2001 Forester
9 Posts
Here's the cracked central glovebox. With the two screws out it still feels like there's something holding it in other than the clips. I know the OP said that if it had never been removed it had to be pryed, but where? The vents feel like they're attached. Tips?

Attachments

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts

·
Registered
2004 WRX
1 Posts
New to the Subaru scene.

Need to remove wiring harness of a '04 XT.

Major differences for those ?

Thanks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts