Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 GL SE Wagon 4WD
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today for christmas i got a 1996 Town & Country minivan. the van runs like a charm but the two things i cant figure out is first the audio has no sound despite the display on the head unit being on. i checked the volume and nuthing. second wen i start the van the little indicator lites next to the rear wiper switches and defroster switch just flash all together. hey u guys if any of u have any experience wit this van or can offer sum type of help i really would appreciate it. thanx so much and merry christmas

Buddy

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
You need to have a multi meter or test light as you have a fuse out.the fuse that is out runs the factory amplifier for the radio & I bet the little light is letting you know this.

joe r

·
Registered
1985 GL SE Wagon 4WD
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to have a multi meter or test light as you have a fuse out.the fuse that is out runs the factory amplifier for the radio & I bet the little light is letting you know this.

joe r
i was thinking of checking the fuses cuz the head unit itself is on. cd player and tape player both work. just no sound watsoever...

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
the wiper and defrost lights flashing means it needs a reset.... the battery was dead or has been recently replaced

go to a dealership and they should be able to do it right away

if the radio works after that, you are in good shape... otherwise you need a new deck

·
Registered
1985 GL SE Wagon 4WD
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok update. the radio suddenly started working yesterday. seems to me like wats messed up is the volume control knob. if i play around wit it the volume goes all crazy to a point that there is no sound. as for the indicator lites, the stop flashing after a while but for sure ima take it to the dealer to get them reset nd hopefully that helps....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts