Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a push button start 2019 without a remote start fob so I've been using the starlink remote start function from my smartphone. Often 10 minutes or even 20 minutes is not enough time for the car to warm up in the winter. Has anybody heard of a way to increase the time limit? I can start it twice for ten minutes each for a total of 20 minutes before the system requires a normal engine start. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Forester Cvt
26 Posts
Do you live in northern Canada? 20 minutes isn’t enough time to warm it up? It takes less time to get to work I’d bet.

Just giving you a hard time. I don’t know of a way to extend it. Only had mine for 7 days! The 10 minutes is usually just right in my temperate region.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
538 Posts
@youseffby I was playing with mine today for the first time. I have two settings, 5 and 10 minutes. Not much of an adjustment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a push button start 2019 without a remote start fob so I've been using the starlink remote start function from my smartphone. Often 10 minutes or even 20 minutes is not enough time for the car to warm up in the winter. Has anybody heard of a way to increase the time limit? I can start it twice for ten minutes each for a total of 20 minutes before the system requires a normal engine start. Thanks!
So when you come on here in a few complaining abut engine problems we can refer you to this post.

I remote start my Flex, but that's because the POS is headed out the door very soon. The only vehicle I'd remote start and let idle is one I didn't plan on keeping very long. Worse thing you can do for your engine.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,458 Posts
The only vehicle I'd remote start and let idle is one I didn't plan on keeping very long. Worse thing you can do for your engine.
Why is it a bad thing? Interested in hearing your thoughts on the topic as I truly doubt it will have any real impact on the longevity of the engine and most won't keep it long enough anyway for it to matter. Maybe you only get 200K miles out of her instead of 250K miles???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts