Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling Fox Mulder... my '19 Sport's clock lost an entire day (the fancy analog clock with date info screen)! I saw that this is a thing that's happened with older models, but didn't expect it on this gen. I love my Subie, but do NOT tell me it's Thursday when I'm driving to work on a Friday. :eek: Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
276 Posts
Read the owner's manual section on time. Both mine and my wife's iPhones are paired with Bluetooth. The clock updates from them. I don't recall setting the Forester to a 24-hour format so I think it's even picking that (and time zone) up from the phones.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
168 Posts
Read the owner's manual section on time. Both mine and my wife's iPhones are paired with Bluetooth. The clock updates from them. I don't recall setting the Forester to a 24-hour format so I think it's even picking that (and time zone) up from the phones.
Correct, set the clock to auto and if an iPhone you will need to go to the bluetooth settings and then select the device ( i with a circle around it ) for the HU and enable "Show Notifications". Now when the phone syncs it will update the time.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
799 Posts
My 19 will Auto Set the clock to the iPhone, but the hour is off by one. The car changed okay a couple of weeks ago from PDT to MDT, but when we came back home to PDT the car wants to stay on Mountain time. (And who can blame it)

The phone obviously knows the correct time zone but it’s not getting thru to the car.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
276 Posts
My 19 will Auto Set the clock to the iPhone, but the hour is off by one. The car changed okay a couple of weeks ago from PDT to MDT, but when we came back home to PDT the car wants to stay on Mountain time. (And who can blame it)

The phone obviously knows the correct time zone but it’s not getting thru to the car.

Any ideas?
Try unpairing and re-pairing the phone.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
168 Posts
You can take a look at this. It is a service bulletin describing issues with the clock but it appears to also have a good write up for setting up phones to sync the clock and what is required for each. Hopefully this will help.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
184 Posts
I had this issue when I first got car and did manual clock set. You need to set clock to 24 hour showing and then set correctly for the am or pm depending upon which you do. Trying to remember exactly but I think even if it is in the pm when you set the time and it is on 12 hour showing it sets as if in the am (or vice versa).
Anyway try setting to 24 hour before you set manually

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
276 Posts
I tried unparing & then re-paring. It updates fine, but continues to be one hour high
Sorry that didn't work for you. It does sound like a Location/Time Zone and/or Daylight Savings Time issue.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct, set the clock to auto and if an iPhone you will need to go to the bluetooth settings and then select the device ( i with a circle around it ) for the HU and enable "Show Notifications". Now when the phone syncs it will update the time.
Ok, will have to try this. I think it was just manually set up at the dealer and is now doing it's own thang.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts