Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I looked and did not find this posted already but I may have missed it. The OEM 2019 Forester skid plate has a couple of arms that go up inside the wheel well area while the aftermarket ones just bolt on the bottom. Seems like it is pretty intentional on Subaru's part to put those arms on there and curious what folks thoughts are on that. I am going to guess the arms transfer some of the force to an additional area on the body and maybe makes it stronger and/or less likely to damage something like the supports the aftermarkets connect to?

DAVE

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG9 XT 5MT
15 Posts
By 'OEM 2019 Forester skid plate' do you mean the plastic splash shield? Or can you now get actual under-body protection from factory? If so, photos please!?

I remember seeing someone cut off these arms of their plastic sheild and use them in conjunction with a metal skid plate. But this was on an SG or SH model...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
176 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
176 Posts
The Subaru aluminium skidplate / splashguard available as an accessory for your Forester, is by no means a "real" skidplate. Don't get me wrong, it is 1000 times better than the plastic one that comes on the vehicle, and I have one, but in no way could that thing withstand a real smash against some firmly planted rocks or roots. It is held on by four bolt which are not connected to the most solid framework and the side wing brackets connect to the vehicle with plastic clips.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh...thank you! Love the orange powder coat. I was thinking of doing something similar when I get mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts