Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just traded in my 15' Forester for the new 19 Forester Sport and really love it so far - However, what I don't love are the orange trim pieces on the exterior.

For the front, side and rear orange stripes I'm just going to Plasti Dip them in gloss black, however, I also want to dip/remove/paint the orange accents in the roof rails and since they wrap around front to back on the rails it's going to be rather difficult to set up to spray paint them - does anyone know if these can be removed? I did not want to start prying and pulling and risk damaging it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
564 Posts
Hi guys, I just traded in my 15' Forester for the new 19 Forester Sport and really love it so far - However, what I don't love are the orange trim pieces on the exterior.

For the front, side and rear orange stripes I'm just going to Plasti Dip them in gloss black, however, I also want to dip/remove/paint the orange accents in the roof rails and since they wrap around front to back on the rails it's going to be rather difficult to set up to spray paint them - does anyone know if these can be removed? I did not want to start prying and pulling and risk damaging it.
Try buying/begging a cutoff scrap of black body wrap at the tint/bra shops.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,607 Posts
Would be a pain to mask everything off...but that’s what I would do...then dip them.

I’ll be doing my entire rails this spring in the same fashion

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
154 Posts
You could remove the rails to get to them. The rails with the tie down loops are also available through the parts system. The obvious problem here is to access the rails to get them off probably is a royal pain when it comes to interior parts removal/replacement. Masking seems to be the easy answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Cave Diver, Did you make the color changes or stay w/ the Orange Trim? Thanks, SubOwner (Pete)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts