Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 xt and was looking into WORK Emotion XD9 18x8.0 +45mm and i was wondering if i would have any problems running them with 07wrx struts and prodrive(red) sti springs

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
I have the Drag DR-31s 17x9 et38 with WRX struts and COBB springs. All I had to do was have the rear fenders rolled and they fit nice without any rubbing. What size tires will you run on them? What rear sway do you have? If you have a stiff bar and don't run huge tires you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Depends on the tires you choose. You shouldn't have issues rubbing on the struts, but tires may touch the rear fenders on turns/dips.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Drag DR-31s 17x9 et38 with WRX struts and COBB springs. All I had to do was have the rear fenders rolled and they fit nice without any rubbing. What size tires will you run on them? What rear sway do you have? If you have a stiff bar and don't run huge tires you shouldn't have any problems.
I just bought a 22mm whiteline swaybar from a 04/07 sti its adjustable so i was going to run it in the middle but now im guessing run it stiff and get a minor stretch to fit?

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
You won't need to set it to stiff, I have mine set to medium (I like the feel of it more). You also won't need to stretch, I'm no tire expert but I'd say a 245/35 or 40 would work great.

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright cool thanks.... i was trying to figure out if they would fit and i thought they might work so i figured i'd make this thread for more advice thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts