Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FXT 4EAT
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love the look of the Work Emotion XD9 18x10 +38 wheel but I can't find any information about if it fits on an SH FXT. I've seen pictures of them on WRXs and LGTs but not on a SH Forester.

It's probably a pipe dream to be considering that wheel since I am sure it only looks good on a slammed vehicle and mine won't be slammed. Right now I am planning to run 2010 STi take offs but coilovers are not ruled out.

·
Registered
2013 FXT 4EAT
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I think that looks awesome but after seeing the poke I don't think I am ready for the level of commitment it is going to take to avoid rubbing. I run 18x9.5 +42 on my STi with a 265 tire and I am still trying to stop the rubbing :(

I think those SVNs have a +30 offset though so I would have 8mm less poke...

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
No problem :icon_biggrin:

I do have to agree. I think 9.5 is the widest I would go. And there are at least a couple people on here running 9.5s without issue IIRC

·
Registered
2010 2.5XT AT
113 Posts
I'm running a +34 18x.9.5 wheel on my SH on 245/45's. Took some work cutting and rolling the fenders, but the only things that currently rub are my mudflaps that I've contemplated removing. Haven't fully loaded the car yet after I did more rolling/trimming, so I can't say much in terms of rubbing. IIRC I'm also running -1.8L and -2.1R camber in the rear. I do plan on adding adjustable arms later on, as well as switching out to a stiffer STi suspension so it doesn't sag as much with a load. The tire wear isn't that bad in the rear that that amount of camber. With 10" wide wheels I think you will definitely be rubbing.

Here's a shot with just me and a bunch of snowboard gear in my car:

If you look closely you can see how much it sags in the rear:

·
Registered
2013 FXT 4EAT
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ That looks awesome too. Thank you. That first pic makes me want to put the stock grill back on lol

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts
Fwiw my intro into/inspiration for SH fozz was esponation who had xd9 wheels on his ride.forget the exact size, bit the info's out there.def amazing in person!

For agruement sake I have 9"width with 35 offset and I feel its dead on match with fender...

·
Registered
2013 XT Auto
127 Posts
Fwiw my intro into/inspiration for SH fozz was esponation who had xd9 wheels on his ride.forget the exact size, bit the info's out there.def amazing in person!

For agruement sake I have 9"width with 35 offset and I feel its dead on match with fender...
Espos were 18x9 but had adapters to make the 5x100 to 114.3 so I'm not sure of the offset. I know because my friend bought them for his sti once he sold them.

·
Registered
2013 FXT 4EAT
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I don't think the wife will put up with any rubbing so I'm going to have to go more conservative :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts