Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT, CVT
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have a 2018 forester XT and would like to put a set of Brembo brake calipers on the front and rear. I know the fronts won’t be a issue but I am having a hard time finding a set that would fit the rear. Does anyone know if there is something out there that would fit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
204 Posts
So why do you think you need brembos?

If for looks go ahead.

The SJ XT already has the one of biggest OEM non fixed caliper system in Subaru’s line up. The rotor sizes are only marginally smaller to the 04-17 STi Brembo.

Honestly, appropriate heat ranged pads and performance tires will do more to improve stopping than just Brembos. Brembos by them self only add weight to the un-sprung weight and spinning mass equation, which... hurts performance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,402 Posts
I know folks do mods. I did 50+ years ago. Total waste of time and money (for me) I can't imagine needing better brakes in my XT. You won't gain a thing. Bear in mind that the vehicle will only stop as quick as the ABS lets it stop. I guarantee you the breaks are not be challenged by the ABS. Tires are your better option.

And 30+ years ago it might have made "some" sense. Not today.. Engineers are smarter than you (not knocking you). Did you put the 18mm stabilizer bar on yet? That might even make more sense.

But hey..buy the brakes..good for the economy!

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT, CVT
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guy. Yeah it’s mostly just for looks and to be honest I don’t want to do them no more. Its not worth the time or effort. To much modifications to the rear just to ge them to fit.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,402 Posts
:rock:
Did you do the rear stabilizer bar? I did it but it was probably un necessary. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
581 Posts
At least you get pretty darn good bang for the buck with the rear stabilizer bar. For brakes, I think the only good upgrade is change out the brake pads for high quality ceramic ones with better bite but that might be about it.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
57 Posts
At least you get pretty darn good bang for the buck with the rear stabilizer bar. For brakes, I think the only good upgrade is change out the brake pads for high quality ceramic ones with better bite but that might be about it.
Master Cylinder Brake Brace. It won't improve you braking power but it greatly improved pedal feel and thus braking conference. Removes all spongyness; firm and progressive now. There are several models available. I chose Perrin because of solid construction. It was a real PITA to install but we'll worth the ROI.

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
204 Posts
For brakes, I think the only good upgrade is change out the brake pads for high quality ceramic ones with better bite but that might be about it.
Ceramic and better performance than OEM is not something that typically goes together. Ceramics are good for people with bling wheels that are afraid of brake dust.

·
Administrator
15,781 Posts
Welcome @Killer7even86

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts