Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a nice set of gunmetal superlegerras in 5x100, but they are a 35 et, not sure if they will fit. they have no tires so i could buy whatever size would be needed to make them fit if that is the issue.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
Yaaay, 'tis the season for summer wheel/tire questions!

hmm 17x8 et 35 you say?
my sources say you will have 6mm LESS inner clearance and 32mm MORE outside space (than the stock 16x6.5 et48).

plus I think there are members on here with superlegg's check the wheel sticky or search for superlegga..

you might want to think about your wheel bearings though.. low offset is going to get you hella$$broke lol..

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
That's a VW offset, too far out for a 17x8. You'd want to get somethign more like ET48. Even my 17x9's are ET42 for example.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
I was about to buy some also, but realized it was going to be too close. I used this:

Wheel Offset Calculator

With my 17x7 rims and the new ones being 18x7.5, I was going to lose 13mm between the wheel and the strut. I'm running OEM struts on Swift springs. I saw other's in the Wheel Sticky with 7.5" rims with +53 offset and most had spacers. I didn't want to put spacers on so I decided to not get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts