Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a few foresters now, I'd like to get everyone's opinion.

2001 Manual Forester L
175,000 miles
$3700
- this guy is the original owner... can provide all records... timing belt has been replaced at 107,000 miles. i asked about the head gasket, he recalls doing that... original clutch on the car, he says no one has ever mentioned to him that it needed replacing.

2001 Auto Forester L
96,000 miles
$5,950
- called this guy, he is "selling it for a friend." he doesn't know anything about the car. i asked if any records were available, none. i asked if i could contact the previous owner, he says they'd prefer not too. at 96,000 miles, this car looms before the gasket problem, if at all it occurs. i dont know.

1999 Manual Forester L
133,000 miles
$3737
- once again, another guy who does not have any records on the car. although, he claims he runs a Subaru shop, i dunno. this is defiantly the best deal if it isnt to good to be true.... this is post is a week and a half old on craigs list though....

2000 Auto Forester L
148,000 miles
$4,900
- this one is on a lot and is the average for forester available for my area. The people at the lot really dont know any specifics about the car unfortunately.

Of course I wont be able to make any conclusions based off posts, but the commute to some of these cars is extremely far for me. I would just like to know whether it would be worth it for me to go check out. And if any of you think that anything is too good to be true. I need a reliable car, starving student. I'd like to use it for trips too! Coast to coast.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
I agree. A well maintained car at a good price.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,249 Posts
+2

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went and saw two of these, me being very not car savy did not know what to look for. i did not see the first car, i will be going to see that tomorrow, it will be a long drive. the two i saw on the lot were very clean, but both were smoked in. i've been cigarette free for 5 months, i find it repulsive now. i was not aware of how much smoke sticks. yuck.

anyway, one of the two cars was previously owned by two people. that had stuff painted in the engine bay, battery area, i dont know what that means, but maybe a sign of a car not well maintained? battery leakeage?

the other car had corrosion there also.

i donno.

man, i need a car by thursday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts