Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Foerester 2.5XT Ltd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I'm new to the Subaru family and wheel tech specs in general so if any one could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2009 2.5XT Ltd with the 225/55-17 Yokohama tires on the 17x7 rims with a +48mm offset.

I am looking to buy 16" alloy wheels for my snow tires. Specifically, I am looking at either of the following rims:

Kazera KZ-X - 16x7.0 with +50mm offset
Elbrus I05 - 16x7.5 with +48mm offset

with 215/65-16 Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow Winter tires.

I am totally confused with the offset issue and trying to understand if either the "Kazera + Pirelli" combo or "Elbrus + Pirelli" combo will be an issue with respect to fitment/rubbing.

Many thanks in advance
Dave

·
Registered
2009 Foerester 2.5XT Ltd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Winter is coming and I want to deal with this asap.

Subieoutlaw: Good point. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks Again
Cheers
Dave

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
One last point

Get a quote from either tirerack or Discount tire in the USA. With the dollar conversion they will likely be cheaper than any GTA tire store.

If you purchase the tires/rims together they come balanced and inflated.
All you need to do is swap the wheels and make sure the pressure is correct.

Do not get ripped off by local dealers. I have made two purchases (1 each) from the on line retails I listed. Very smooth and easy process.

Good luck with the 401 and the first snow fall. Not everyone drives Subarus in Toronto unfortunately.

·
Registered
2009 Foerester 2.5XT Ltd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Again Everyone.

I just bought a set of winter tires and rims thru TireRack. Very sweet deal compared to local dealers (Thanks Subieoutlaw...and yes, the 401 can be very treacherous, especially in the winter).

Peaty: Thanks for the link to ScoobyMods. I'll have to peruse thru there some more. :)

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
2002 forester s
12 Posts
so you Canadians recommend TireRack even with the exchange/shipping? Maybe I'll look into them...quoted roughly $980USD for Blizzaks/steel rims shipped to my door in Calgary which I guess is pretty good. I'll probably check out a price from Costco for a similar setup, although the tire centre is ridiculously busy it seems.

edit: oh yeah, is the quote that the final price? no hidden duties, etc other than the ones listed in the quote?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts