Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XL
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my 2010 Subaru Forester XL at the dealer this morning for its 15,000 mile maintenance.

So far.....only small things I've had issues with the Forester is:

1) Rattling in the doors
2) Heater at its lowest/ coolest setting too hot when the outside temperature is 45 degree's or less.

That's it. All in all, I've changed out the Head Unit for a Kenwood DNX6960, put Thule Echelon rails with the aero cross-bars.

So far, I love it...everyone who drives it loves it.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,934 Posts
Just dropped my 2010 Subaru Forester XL at the dealer this morning for its 15,000 mile maintenance.

So far.....only small things I've had issues with the Forester is:

1) Rattling in the doors
2) Heater at its lowest/ coolest setting too hot when the outside temperature is 45 degree's or less.

That's it. All in all, I've changed out the Head Unit for a Kenwood DNX6960, put Thule Echelon rails with the aero cross-bars.

So far, I love it...everyone who drives it loves it.
Good deal. Are you having the dealer take care of the door baffle fix while it's in for the checkup?

I take it you mean heater is too warm when outside temps are 45 degrees or more, not less.

They are great vehicles. My '09 is at 29k miles. I'm a bicyclist but got the Foz so the bikes can ride inside.

George

·
Registered
2010 Forester XL
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, getting the dealer to take care of the door baffles. This is the second attempt to quell the noise.

As for the heat, no if the outside temp it like 45-48 degree's or COOLER, the heater on its lowest setting is too hot, on the second to the lowest setting for temp and the fan completely off, it still blows out too hot air for the people in the front. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving (commute 35 mins each way a day), before it gets annoying and too hot.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
I looked up the Kenwood head unit ... very nice. Did you do the installation yourself, or did you have it done? If you did it yourself, how difficult did you find it to be?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XL
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the Kenwood DNX6960 in the '10 Forester:

Well, I was going to do it myself, but with the microphone, and the Sirius Satellite radio and the wiring for the steering wheel etc. I paid a shop around $200 to do the install. Took them about an hour and a half to do, satellite hockey puck under the dash, not visable. I've updated the maps for the NAV system, added some vehicles, put a Subaru pic startup screen etc. and all that you can do. Gotta love Garmin, very hackable/ upgradable. The bluetooth works perfectly with my iPhone 3GS, I wish the iPhone cable didn't have to be unplugged to answer phone calls though when I'm watching a video podcast on it. The interface for the unit isn't the best, I don't know why they made it so weird...hopefully an upgrade will improve it, but it's usable and works for what it's intended. The interface was definitely designed by programmers or engineers. :)
I shopped hard, compared all the others out there and I think I chose best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts