Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the passenger side rear strut replaced yesterday under warranty as it was leaking, errr should I rephrase it, p#ssing out oil after 34,000kms on the clock . All went very smooth and was happy with Tom Kerr's service.

Interested to know what other warranty things you guys have had done (if any), also state age and kms. Any dramas or knockbacks?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin said:
Same strut interestingly enough (and after I did Cape York!) No external sign of a problem though.
I can understand something in the suspension of yours letting go given the infamous corrugations of the Cape York trip

F

·
0 Posts
Many replacement in 3 months!

I am worse, in 3 months time, had warranty replacement of the whole dash panel, the plastic cover between the odometer and steering wheel, the central console lib and got many things fixed. Why? Only one small problem at first, but the servicemen created many other problems and all of them had been replaced under my warranty. I'm actually worrying now about how long those replacement parts can last...
Read the following if you are interested on my story, but in short,never bring your car to Bill Buckle Service in North Shore Sydney!! :tempertantrum :tempertantrum :tempertantrum

I bought my Forest at Bill Buckle in Brookeville. When I got the car, there was a paint chip on the dash panel, and the dealer rubbed it, the color of the panel was faded. He said it could be fixed easily in their service department and I had the car as it is just a very small chip.
When I brought it to their service department for the first time, they just simply sprayed some paint on the chip. Their work was very harsh, they just spray without cover anything! So, it sprayed on my windscreen as well! Not to mention, they also left many dirty grease marks on my car body, the ceiling, especially an un-removable glue mark on my door! My car was 1 week old and it looked like one year old!
Also, the problem could not be fixed still as the chip are a so-called "damage" on the dash, so they said they could replace the whole dash under warranty.
I brought my car in for service the second time to replace the whole dash panel and fixed those problem they caused. This time was even worse. They scratched everywhere inside my car when they replaced the dash (The last time just grease mark, this time was scratch!) Those marks were like a slip of screwdriver, hole when digging with screwdriver! I don't think those guys who worked there are qualified. I don't understand how they pass their training with these quality of work. The work they did was very harsh and they don't even bother to care about customer's car! This time they also left another glue mark on my door again. Luckily, this time I noticed on the spot, and asked them to remove immediately, and it gone.
So, I brought my car to them again and asked for answer for all those scratches. They replaced everything for me under my warranty. But I noticed in the service bill, they actually wrote: "Damaged xxx, replace under warranty" etc., I think waht they did was, they just claimed on my warranty, so they don't have to pay for the price for those scratches they did...

My recommendation is: NEVER EVER buy car from Bill Buckle and NEVER bring your car to Bill Buckle Services. Their mechanics and services are very very poor in quality!:tempertantrum :tempertantrum :tempertantrum

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Forex said:
My recommendation is: NEVER EVER buy car from Bill Buckle and NEVER bring your car to Bill Buckle Services. Their mechanics and services are very very poor in quality!:tempertantrum :tempertantrum :tempertantrum
Sounds terrible.

Two at work have taken their Foresters from new to the Service Dept at BB in Brookie and have been very pleased with the service.

Looks like you got bad luck.

Where do you get it serviced now ?

I plan on taking mine to a place north of here - great thing about service is you can take it or leave it

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Forex said:
Read the following if you are interested on my story, but in short,never bring your car to Bill Buckle Service in North Shore Sydney!! :tempertantrum :tempertantrum :tempertantrum

I bought my Forest at Bill Buckle in Brookeville.
It's Brookvale and it isn't the North Shore, it is the Northern Beaches and there are two BB service centers - which one did you use ?.

What Forester did you buy btw and was it used or new ?

F

·
0 Posts
bad service

ya, it's the one in Brookvale.
i gave them last try and bring in for the first 5k service (another reason is they close to me) this time I think it is because a pay-service, they did it ok and washed the car too. (The previous were free services as under warranty, but they do get money from Subaru I think). I haven’t raise the issue to Subaru.
Anyway, I notice many interior parts are getting lose, and can hear the shaking sound when bumpy road. Do you guy have the same problem?

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Forex said:
ya, it's the one in Brookvale.
i gave them last try and bring in for the first 5k service (another reason is they close to me) this time I think it is because a pay-service, they did it ok and washed the car too. (The previous were free services as under warranty, but they do get money from Subaru I think). I haven’t raise the issue to Subaru.
Anyway, I notice many interior parts are getting lose, and can hear the shaking sound when bumpy road. Do you guy have the same problem?
Forex - what is the name of the Service Manager you are dealing with ?

Why haven't you raised the issue with Subaru ? This is the normal process if you are disatsified with service (for any product)

No interior parts loose on mine. Had a rattle but found it was my fault - was one of my air compressor parts loose.

If you have all these rattles as you say then get them fixed - if Brookvale worry you so much go somewhere else. You are not tied to any dealer.

I have had my cars serviced at various service locations

Good luck with the car.

Mine is a absolute pleasure and the best vehicle I have ever driven - quality all the way

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Forex said:
I bought my Forest at Bill Buckle in Brookeville. When I got the car, there was a paint chip on the dash panel, and the dealer rubbed it, the color of the panel was faded. He said it could be fixed easily in their service department and I had the car as it is just a very small chip.
When I brought it to their service department for the first time, they just simply sprayed some paint on the chip. Their work was very harsh, they just spray without cover anything! So, it sprayed on my windscreen as well! Not to mention, they also left many dirty grease marks on my car body, the ceiling, especially an un-removable glue mark on my door! My car was 1 week old and it looked like one year old!
Also, the problem could not be fixed still as the chip are a so-called "damage" on the dash, so they said they could replace the whole dash under warranty.
Forex

I also had to get my dashpad replaced as it marked badly from use. Dealer agreed it was a warranty issue and was an issue in the MY06.

All replaced. I recently had a cracked windscreen and they replaced the windscreen but scratched the dash in the process.

It marks very easily and is poor quality.

I am leaving it until the next service.

The paint on the dash is very thin and the lightest scratch will remove the paint and show the white plastic underneath.

My daughters $15,000 car has better plastics.

Subaru - get your act together. Not good enough on a >$40K vehicle

F

·
0 Posts
Hi Candy, didnt notice i got your reply here, sorry for the (8 months) late...

really? you got the dash replaced too?! I think the interior quality is really crab. I agree that the paint layer is very thin as you said, because with the mark i had, i just simple rubbed it with damp cloth, than the paint fades badly.
I got my whole dash replaced, and got the interior protection applied on it, it look a bit “oily” under the sun, looks like those high-end car’s :)
I just wonder, do you have any problem with the new dash? Any rattle? I notice I have some recently, but from another thread, it seems like common...

I do think Subaru should do better on these areas, otherwise it will only turn the confident of their loyal customer off as a 15k car got better quality than it.

Candy said:
Forex

I also had to get my dashpad replaced as it marked badly from use. Dealer agreed it was a warranty issue and was an issue in the MY06.
All replaced. I recently had a cracked windscreen and they replaced the windscreen but scratched the dash in the process.
It marks very easily and is poor quality.
I am leaving it until the next service.
The paint on the dash is very thin and the lightest scratch will remove the paint and show the white plastic underneath.
My daughters $15,000 car has better plastics.
Subaru - get your act together. Not good enough on a >$40K vehicle

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
No rattles at all. In fact it fixed one I had from new.

·
Registered
653 Posts
1_hung_low said:
Had the passenger side rear strut replaced yesterday under warranty as it was leaking, errr should I rephrase it, p#ssing out oil after 34,000kms on the clock . All went very smooth and was happy with Tom Kerr's service.
Must be all that "under steering and over steering" ****.:icon_biggrin: Did the dealer comment on your mods?

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Forex said:
I got my whole dash replaced, and got the interior protection applied on it, it look a bit “oily” under the sun, looks like those high-end car’s :)
Thanks for that as they were just going to do the same to mine.

I may request they use my selected repairer instead of their choice.

Cheers

Edit - also good to know that this is obviously a quality issue with the dash in the MY06. If mine marks up again I won't hesitate in requesting a new dashpad and an extra coat of paint on the plastic !

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maximus said:
Must be all that "under steering and over steering" ****.:icon_biggrin: Did the dealer comment on your mods?
No mention at all. Mind you, I only have FSB and RSB and TBE, shouldn't scare them too much

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Dash pad issue - need help

Forex said:
Hi Candy, didnt notice i got your reply here, sorry for the (8 months) late...

Urgent pm sent to you mate - can you get back to me ASAP.

Re. the dash issue.

Cheers

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Has been a long time to get this sorted but it finally bugged me enough that I forced the issue.

Well, just had a guy out that repaired the damage done to the dash when Subaru replaced the windscreen. Took all of 5 minutes. Don't know why I left it so long.

Top guy, top job. The mark is almost totally gone but he said to totally remove it would require an entire respray of the dash to get consistency in finish. He did point out manufacturing defects in the dash as well I hadn't seen before

The guy that did the repair said dash material across almost all makes has dropped in quality in the last 5 years. Particularly with Japanese vehicles.

Glad to not see the mark every time I get in the car.

·
Registered
2004 Forester X 2.5
25 Posts

Interested to know what other warranty things you guys have had done (if any), also state age and kms. Any dramas or knockbacks?
I had my right rear strut replaced after 35000km.(2.5 years old)
Could'nt work out where the oil in the carport was coming from at first, but when it went in for an unrelated warranty claim (long story), I saw it was covered in oil when it was on the hoist.
The car had not up until that stage been off-road.

Deano

·
Registered
04 XT Forester Manual
27 Posts
Blown top hose

One thing to look out for on the XTs is the top radiator hose. Mine blew apart at about 100,000kms. Have now had the bottom one changed as well as a precaution.

I know of one other that blew much earlier. I would seriously recommend changing them on the 100,000km service. Makes a big mess when they blow.

My MY04 XT CD player also died right on the limit of my warranty. Missed it by a few days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts