Mine:
heated everything,
hill holder even on CVT,
MPG.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
12 Posts
The way everything comes together. Very purposeful vehicle. Doesn't have the best of one thing (besides AWD) but has all of everything. It's like the Lebron James of SUVs.

Turbo is really really fun.

Those speakers though....

·
Registered
2014 Premuim CVT
104 Posts
My favorite things are..
1. Visability
2. Seat position/height
3. Panoramic sunroof!
4. Cargo space

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
I like I have the option of high MPG eco vehicle in the "I" mode. If I'm in a hurry, I press the "S" mode. And when I want to be aggressive and kick butt, I can go into the "S#" mode. And if I want to race, S# with the paddle shifters. Amazing versatility.

I like that the CVT shifts so smoothly and coupled with the 2.0 turbo it almost feels like an electric motor.

Driving position and visibility is excellent. Driver ergonomics is excellent, everything is where it needs to be and works naturally when driving. You almost feel connected to the Fozzy when you are driving.

The big sun/moon roof is great and I find the wind noise when it is opened minimal compared to other sunroofs I have had.

Cargo room is very good and with the seats folded flat, I can haul a lot of stuff.

Also leg room for my rear seat passengers is very good (even when my driver seat is pushed back). Getting in/out is also a breeze with the large doors that open wide and the low sill.

Wrapping it all up, the 2014 design looks great and there is a quality feel inside.

·
Registered
2019 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6AT
541 Posts
Love the gearbox (6-spd Manual), heated CLOTH seats (hard to find those...), interior color scheme, interior material quality, smooth ride over small road imperfections, and last but not least...

I LOVE the way the doors close on this car - A nice solid "ffthump".

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester XT CVT
22 Posts
The interior and boot space - more than my 2006 Liberty / Legacy and greater comfort, amazingly refined ride and NVH compared to previous models and other makes.
Sitting higher - great view for a safety (try comparing the outward visibility to a trendy SUV like the RR Evoque !)
Still drives like a car / hatch.
The slick 2.0 DiT and CVT works well - I'm a convert to Subie CVT's.
That grunt, turbo rush and the sound of the turbo spooling up.

I'll stop there.

Of course, theres nothing that can't be improved...

Cheers. Jason.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
well Is my first Subaru

this has what I wanted that my Jetta sportwagon lacked,

- higher off the road along with fully adjustable seat NICE LUMBAR SUPPORT, excellent visibility.

- AWD, top rated with nice ground clearance for MODERATE/Light? 4 wheeling (can't wait to try this out)

- more HP & Torque with turbo and close to equal MPG of my Jetta

- huge options updates compared to Jetta (info screens, back up camera, Bluetooth, switches on steering wheel etc)

- rear cargo space is close to same as Jetta wagon Except increased height

- I love the outside Look/style...wheels look OK but a little "busy" IMO

will be learning operation of gadgets inside for awhile :crazy:

·
Registered
SJ 2014 Forester CVT
27 Posts
I like (No particular order):

- X Mode
- Ground Clearance
- Visibility
- AWD
- Rear seat leg room
- MPG
- Getting in and out is a breeze
- Oil filter location

Dislike:

- Lack of paddle shifters

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
Easy relatively inexpensive oil changes

Good on Gas

The AWD - Went for my first snow romp last night. Felt very predictable and went like hell through the snow. LOVED IT!

BY FAR the EASIEST vehicle I have EVER run aftermarket wiring through for Car Audio etc. a Dream to route wiring, signal wiring, even large gauge power wiring.

Not a Peep of engine noise in the aftermarket Audio install on the first try. No troubleshooting noise issues. 1st vehicle ever that was TOTALLY SILENT in this regard on the FIRST TRY.

That it's $50 for a fill up as opposed to the $75+ in my sports car.

LOVE the moon roof

Plenty of room for all but the largest passengers in all 4 seats. I have a friend who is 6 foot 7 inches and can actually sit in any seat in the Forester.

like the copious space available under the front seats.

Dislikes

Cheap windshield glass with a chip in it with less than 3000 miles on the clock. And I don't even recall a rock hitting the glass while driving. ?!?!

I can tell already after a few months of having a High SPL Audio system in the Forester it's going to be a rattle trap in a few years. My German Sports car is 18 years old and is still dead quiet and it has a similar audio system in it too.

There are times when the wind noise off the windshield while doing 75 mph is very loud. Other times not so much.

Hate that the heated seats while even while in the on/high position turn themselves on and off even though the switch is never touched and the light still says they are on High when it's obvious they are 20 degrees colder than they were 10 seconds ago... grrr.

I liked the center console cup holders when it was fresh off the lot. My beverage of choice fit PERFECTLY in the holder. now I am starting to dislike it... the same beverage is too close to the arm rest when in the back cup holder, but falls over backwards and spills when thrown against that stupid spring loaded tensioner if I accelerate from a stop too quickly while it is in the front cup holder. Didnt do that when new.

HATED the factory car audio system and optional systems. They ALL suck particularly for the cost of said options. Aftermarket stuff is far better bang for the buck. But to be fair I would probably say this about ANY factory car audio system in any car. I have never expected a factory car audio offering to even approach what I would consider as satisfactory and not needing extreme upgrades.

Nick

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
271 Posts
No particular order:
- torque availability
- torque
- electroluminescent gauges (touring)
- S-awd
- Modest price point and branding
- X-mode
- total package really comes together
- nice road feel 40-120 mph
- nice off-road feel 0-100 mph
- huge sunroof
- visibility
- backseat
- trunk space
- power lift gate
- heated mirrors!
- auto headlights
- exterior shaping and lighting
- easy in/out big doors, right height

I love my FXT but these things suck:
- front and rear wipers, i'm always adjusting speeds
- heated seats are hot then not
- very limited tank range
- dash cubby lip is too insignificant
- no visor mirror lights
- no power passenger seat
- no rain deflecting nipples on windows
- clicking relay for rear wiper
- really poopty exterior paint job
- no power left on after key removal
- 30 mpg views I don't want
- no way to shut off nav screen-only
- passenger airbag light (covered mine)
- stock bass rattles
- no 6 or 8 cyl twin twin scroll turbo option, I'd buy it, I need more power!
~ 600 hp should suffice
- I'd like to be able to tow more than a girls 10 spd

Rant complete. I would but the same car tomorrow without hesitation!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 2.0 XT Touring CVT
85 Posts
Mine:

1) X-Mode for hill descents - almost as good as low range, seriously.

2) Ground clearance

3) Turbo POWER - it works well on sand, overtaking and towing.

4) The CVT - I will never, after 30+ years of driving off road, go back to a simple manual box. I find the CVT superior in nearly all respects off road - especially with X-Mode as a pseudo replacement for true engine braking - and no more burning clutches on steep scrabbly ascents.

5) EyeSight - adaptive cruise control on loooooooooong Australian highways is worth double its weight in gold.

6) The Harmon Kardon sound. If you give it good clean input with decent levels, it pounds it out for a factory-fit system.

7) I traded up from an XV (Crosstrek) for the Forester's extra cargo volume. It's the perfect size for me. A great package all around.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
1 Posts
Likes & dislikes 2014 Subie Forester

Generally, I'm way more satisfied with my 2014 Forester Limited Ed than I've been with any other car I've ever owned.

--The view--this car has the best outward visibility of any car I've ever driven
--Seating comfort--this car has been great on longer trips
--Really roomy backseat
--The size of the moonroof
--Handling and overall ride
--Super tight turning radius
--Fuel economy
--AWD all the time
--Reliability
--How quickly the seat warmer heats up
--How well the dynamic traction control kicks in when operating in slick/icy road conditions
--Overall handling in rough winter weather--just had our first Chicago snowstorm and the car performed really well while out in dangerous conditions
--Simple controls for heat and a/c
--Rear view camera
--All weather package is terrific: the heated side view mirrors, window wipers and heated seats all make brutal winter weather more tolerable
--Generally a quiet, comfy ride
--I like how the car looks
--Confidence in its ability to handle mild-moderately rough driving, thanks to road clearance, x-drive, AWD, dynamic traction control, etc
--Roof crossbars are easy to install when I want to carry something up there and there are many accessories which are compatible for roof transport
--I like the mesh cargo holders I purchased for the rear cargo area, also like the hard plastic liner to protect the cargo area--easy to clean, etc
--I keep an ipod permanently plugged into the aux jack and I like how I can go to the screen on the multi-function display to see info about what's playing from the ipod

Dislikes
--Although I installed the tweeter system to improve the quality of the sound, it's still just so-so
--The moonroof should be tinted--you bake in full sun in the summer
--Crappy interior lighting in the the rear cargo area--the one light is ridiculously wimpy and I keep a small LED light which I can hang from the door, if I need to see what I'm doing back there. Shouldn't have to do that.
--The finish of the interior is mixed: the instrument panel finish is just-okay, but the door trim is nothing but hard plastic
--Poorly padded center arm rest for the driver
--Engine whines in an annoying way sometimes--esp noticeable at lower speeds in the city
--Wind noise at highway speeds, I guess from the side view mirrors
--The material used for the headliner seems cheap and flimsy to the touch
--I didn't get the optional GPS but I hear it's awful. I figured out how to mount a Garmin GPS in the cubby in front of the gear shifter and that works great.

Overall....I'm uber happy with the car

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Sokalled:

- nice road feel 40-120 mph
- nice off-road feel 0-100 mph
Do you REALLY drive this fast, especially off-road?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
Generally, I'm way more satisfied with my 2014 Forester Limited Ed than I've been with any other car I've ever owned.

Dislikes
--Although I installed the tweeter system to improve the quality of the sound, it's still just so-so
--The moonroof should be tinted--you bake in full sun in the summer
YEAH I LIVE IN ARIZONA

--Crappy interior lighting in the the rear cargo area--the one light is ridiculously wimpy and I keep a small LED light which I can hang from the door, if I need to see what I'm doing back there. Shouldn't have to do that.
LIGHT IS A JOKE
--The finish of the interior is mixed: the instrument panel finish is just-okay, but the door trim is nothing but hard plastic
WORST QUALITY CARPET AND MATS HAVE SEEN IN DECADES - WILL GET RUBBER MATS
--Poorly padded center arm rest for the driver TOO SMALL BUT USEABLE
--Engine whines in an annoying way sometimes--esp noticeable at lower speeds in the city
--Wind noise at highway speeds, I guess from the side view mirrors
WHEN I TEST DROVE WAS ABLE TO OPEN DRVERS WINDOW ONLY ON HIGHWAY WITH NO BUFFETING
--The material used for the headliner seems cheap and flimsy to the touch
YEP CHEAP
--I didn't get the optional GPS but I hear it's awful. I figured out how to mount a Garmin GPS in the cubby in front of the gear shifter and that works great.
THANKS FOR THIS GPS IDEA I WILL TRY THIS TONIGHT WITH MY GARMIN
One other thing I miss from my VW (and many other makes) is there are no hat hanging hooks near the door pillars NOW WHERE TO I PUT MY HAT :icon_surprised:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts