Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got a reprieve from the cold weather and Saturday, I put in my SONY XM-GTX6040 ( old school amp ) mounted under the passenger seat. I have the base radio ( Clarion ) and liked the clean and stock look, but noticed the HU was under powered.
I bought a forward and reverse combo from ae64.com. ( thanks )
I tuned the rear speakers first, I have the amp around 10 oclock 0.5 from Unity gain, getting very good low to mid response.
The fronts tuned easier, I put in my own tweeters and crossovers in the factory location using a bristol board template I made myself.
The factory speakers are holding up nicely so far I listen to all sorts of music and I am happy with the stock speakers.

So you can replace the head unit ( lots like that option ) which alos give you a significant power boost, most aftermarket head units at 25wX4 vs 7wX4.
Or put in a live level amp, can pick one up inexpensively.

My amp does 60w X 4 and I opted to run a dedicated power feed from the battery, who knows I may want to add a sub in the spring :)

Thanks to the site admins for keeping this site up, I got all my information from members on the site.

Happy Forester Owner !!!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Lim CVT
282 Posts
Have you replaced the speakers yet? I can tell you from experience that the speakers in the doors are some of the cheapest crap I have ever seen. I replaced the fronts with infinity kappas, and it made a world of difference. I am looking at replacing the rears now as well as adding some dynamat, with an amp at some point possibly. I think, while you may get more volume, those stock speakers will probably fail pretty quickly if you put any more power to them.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
Have you replaced the speakers yet? I can tell you from experience that the speakers in the doors are some of the cheapest crap I have ever seen. I replaced the fronts with infinity kappas, and it made a world of difference. I am looking at replacing the rears now as well as adding some dynamat, with an amp at some point possibly. I think, while you may get more volume, those stock speakers will probably fail pretty quickly if you put any more power to them.
^^^ This... Replace the speakers ASAP. Even a lower end pair of name brand speakers Pioneer\Sony\Kicker or if you want to start getting into the nicer stuff Morel/Hertz/JL-Audio/Focal etc... will make a HUGE difference even with the stock radio, although the stock radio really is *almost* as crappy as the stock speakers. Many people have reported they were much happier with the Kicker upgrade made for the Forester. Not really pricy, made for the vehicle for easy swap decent sound with stock radio if you are not a car audio enthusiast.

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts