Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT <Overland Style <Transformation in progress
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a lot about the lift kits everyones been using but not much on actual suspension (springs/ Shocks) for off road/ overlanding.

Whats everyone using?
Is there a preferred suspension set-up?
Anyone try and set up fox shocks on their rigs?

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
210 Posts
I’m using Mann Engineering 1” lift springs on my ‘17 XT. I highly recommend them, regardless of whether you want to install a strut spacer lift kit or change out the struts. They are a little stiffer than stock on my Forester XT, would be quite a bit stiffer than stock on a 2.5i. They are much more resistant to sag and add a bit of travel and handle better than stock. Great value at $249.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running 2.25" front and 2.5" rear rallitek springs on kyb excel-g struts.
How is it off road? I'm not looking to go rock climbing but have decent ability on rough or muddy trails/ roads.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
694 Posts
How is it off road? I'm not looking to go rock climbing but have decent ability on rough or muddy trails/ roads.
I can say that even without a lift - the 8.7" of clearance we've got on the stock Foz is pretty capable. I've not had any issues bottoming out or scraping (other than shrubs and plants) when out and about on trails and roads - rocky, muddy, rough or not.

I think it's super important for the add of under body armor (skid plates) for more protection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can say that even without a lift - the 8.7" of clearance we've got on the stock Foz is pretty capable. I've not had any issues bottoming out or scraping (other than shrubs and plants) when out and about on trails and roads - rocky, muddy, rough or not.

I think it's super important for the add of under body armor (skid plates) for more protection.
I completely agree. First thing ill do are skid plates. I'm just trying to scratch the surface of the suspension journey for some future planning.

·
Registered
2010 Forester x limited Manuel
42 Posts
RalliTek
Springs
Front +1/4”
Rear +1/2”
Spacers
2”front
2”rear/subframe spacers
KYB struts
I would have loved to go Billstein but the budget didn’t allow.
The springs are definitely stiffer than stock. I carry a Wilco which ways a ton so the added 1/2” levels out. This is my SH. Our SJ will see a similar setup.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts