Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I am planning to go to a local drag race event and run the Forester. Locally there are only 1/8 mile drags since i'm from Indonesia and I've seen a couple posts of people in their stock FXT's running 9s (like in the image below). The best I have ever run is a 10.3 and that's with the spare tire and jack removed. With the full interior I ran a 10.4-10.5. As far as I know, i'm sure altitude doesn't have anything to do with it as the track is almost at sea level. I was wondering what's up with the 1 second difference and I noticed that some SJ FXT's were able to build boost when mashing the brakes and throttle at a standstill whereas when I did it, the reading stayed at 0 kPa. Of course, I completely understand that these HTCVT's shouldn't be used for frequent launching and I always monitor the temperature. I have tried almost every trick on forums for the best launch but can't seem to hit 60mph in under 7 seconds nor do the 1/8 mile in under 10s. If anyone has done a boosted launch in their SJ FXT please let me know how you guys did it.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts