Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

'10 XT - Currently Stock - Santa Fe, NM

838 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MSKrebs 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Been searching through the forum occasionally for a while now so thought I should make it official.

Is there any thread sticky'ed anywhere that goes over forester/subaru model numbers that I can look over ? (like chassis style, engine/transaxle models,ect)

Thanks-

Matt

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome all.

trailangel - Thanks for the link, but not really what I was looking for... I'm looking more for engine types, chassis types, etc.

For example, I used to be pretty familiar with this sort of information for Toyota LandCruisers as I had an older on which I modified heavily. So, my '71 with a "F" series with an inline 6 engine is referred to as an "71 FJ-40" ... a different '71 with an extended cab and a "H" series diesel powerplant would be a "71 HJ-45"... a '80 wagon with an inline 6 would be "80 FJ-55" (so the basic format is "ModelYear_Engine Series-Chassis Series").

I have seen these types of references to Subaru codes used in the forums, off the top of my head it looked like "SH" and some others are chassis series, and 4EAT is a model of automatic transimission... I have seen some others but I can't recall them without going back and looking. Anyway, that is the type of info I am looking for, and I thought there might already be a thread somewhere with this info. Thanks again for posting that link though.

Matt

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.